“Very clean and perfectly situated.”
Review of Aparthotel Aspen

Aparthotel Aspen
Ranked #53 of 110 Speciality Lodging in Bansko
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The hotel is situated in perfect place either for those who are visiting Bansko for skiing, or for just having fun on bars and restaurants. It is very clean. Bathrobes and clean towels are available for free. (Some hotels in Bansko charge the bathrobe use). Please note, that if you are going to use SPA hotel's facilities, the bathrobe is neccessary. Steam bath, sauna and interior swimming pool use was included on the double room booking. Though I had no problem, I have to report that sheets and towels were not replaced every day. But, room & bathroom were cleaned and organized every day. The heat of the room was OK and hot shower water, too. On the ground floor there is a useful room that skiers could keep their ski and boots. The ski center lift (Gondola) is so close to the hotel, that you will just walk with the ski boots. Although the WiFi use is free, we stayed on the 2nd floor and signal strength was so weak that we had not access to it. But, we use it for free, being on the lobby or the restaurant. The breakfast had not that much variety. You could take a sweet breakfast because of luck of honey, marmalade, praline or croissants. The price of double room is very cheap for the services that offers. The windows offer nice view on both sides. I would recommend it without any doubt and I will stay again on that on future visit.

Room Tip: If you need WiFi, you have to be closer to the ground floor!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gtsip

Reviewed 4 January 2013

First of all, Bansko is great ski center with many slopes for everyone.
Now about hotel.
Positive things:
Very spacious and heating rooms (2+1 and 2+2) with separate bedroom and large bathroom and kitchen. Gondola is 150 away and it is very easy get to it.

Negative things:
1. Food. The worst food which I ever eat. Every day the same cheese, salami.. at the evening soup... no words to describe it...awful...Milk was just like water, so I ask some boy for a cup of real milk for the kid and he give me half of cup and I must pay 1,5 Euros...terribly
2. Staff is very unfriendly. They give us nothing...even any information about ski equipment for rent or something - nothing.
3. swimming pool is cold. When I asked why the pool is so cold, a gay answered me that I'm wrong because the temperature is 29 C (believe me it was 25 C).
4. Extra beds are very, very uncomfortable
5. WiFi only in hotel lobby and in the our room ( 213 :) we don't know why )
6. There is no hotel lobby, only one sofa and one armchair

General impression: POOR HOTEL

Room Tip: 213, first floor with WiFi
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jovan_zr
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We love Bansko, but many hotels seem four stars but they are not!!!! Aspen apart hotel was brand new, the rooms were very clean everything was new. They were helpful with my baby. But in the restaurant they dont have babychair. if you want they have baby bed for the room. The reception was ok but there is oone guy (huge) wasn't very sympha. The pool, sauna was very clean and enough hot. We really enjoyed. I didn't find the hotel so faraway to the gondolas. It should be 200 m. But the dinner was't good. We dont pay so expensive but they can put some things but good. The breakfast was ok. not very bad. It was ok...... And if you go this hotel Forget to connect to the internet. It was impossible also when you pay for it too

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank cakurt
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Let me start with the good stuff dry sauna and wet sauna, an indoor pool and ski room all were wonderful.
Breakfast was mediocre.

Now the bad things:
I booked a room for 3 adults in early December ,our dates were the 24th of February till the 2nd of March.
We arrived to the hotel on Friday the 24th ,at the front desk greeted us a huge guy , gave us a key to the room and off we went. Our room was at the top floor at the far east corner.
As we arrived to the room everything was clean and comforting. one of my friends checked the wifi signal and no Wifi was found.
We rushed backed to the front desk to ask for an explanation and to ask for a room change , when i said the description of the hotel says it has free wifi for its costumers the guy at the desk says , "i know it says so but it is now not free".
When i asked why can't get no signal in our room , he replied "the Wifi can't get to all the rooms".

At that point i was mind blown , a second later i asked to move us to another room, right after my request it got a little messy. the guy said he has no authority and even if he had it he couldn't do anything because all the rooms were reserved. when i asked to see the manager the guy replied "he's not here he'll be next week".
I asked to cancel the reservation , he told me i would have to pay the whole week , which wasn't true , i only had to pay for the first night.
After i told him that , "suddenly" out of nowhere, he was kind enough to inform me that a shift manager should arrive in three hours. i asked him to call her and settle it by the phone , he declined over and over again so we left and came back 3 hr. later to talk to the female manager.

She explained me they have troubles with the wifi carrier (even the lobby had some signal issues) and it should be fixed the next day.
She asked me politely to wait one more day , to let some customers check-out , and then she could switch our room, BUT she couldn't promise me we'll have a wifi signal in our new room.
I left frustrated and till the end of the vacation every time we needed the net we went to the lobby (how awesome is that).

From Monday till Thursday from 0900-1600 the elevator was accidentally "out of service" which was messed up cause i came back exhausted from the twice aprox. 1530 from the mountain and had to climb 4 stories high.
A little tip the fuse box is at the 4 floor near the elevator , pull it up and viola the elevator is magically not "out of service"

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank AlexKog
Reviewed 27 February 2012

In this winter with a lot of snow to get the hotel or go to the center was really unpleasant. Streets and even entrance to hotel didn't clean.
The staff wasn't too friendly, many times I was feeling that we just bother them to do nothing.
Breakfast was very good , dinner - awful. No table cloth , only a long napkin, which wasn't changed for whole week. No salt and paper on the tables - you have every time ask for that.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank IsraelRuth
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Pros: excellent pool, nice studio room, location, price, service, SPA

Cons: no free wi-fi Internet in rooms

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank milemobile
Reviewed 29 January 2012

friendly staff. well presented and kept.modern. Be Careful.....it isn't a motel but an apartment therefore bed sheets bath towels etc are changed every other day. kitchen facilities are kept to a minimum. Also NO heavy curtains/drapery in main area only in bedroom so if you have children sleeping in main area get ready for an exceptionally early wake up call as the light beams in VERY EARLY.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family