“This place takes your breath away”

and 1 more site!
Pirin Golf & Country Club Apartments
Ranked #60 of 129 Bansko B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“This place takes your breath away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is my 3rd trip back to PGCC and it gets better and better. The 1st time I visited I was amazed at the quality of this 5 star resort. The nice thing about the following trips is that they have made small improvements that you wouldn't have known were needed but makes a big difference now they are there. The Spa facilities here are better than anything I have seen in the UK and if you consider the cost of the UK spa days you have almost justified your trip.

I have now done Ski season and Golf season and have even done a period in early April when I Ski in the morning and play Golf in the afternoon. I have done trips with the guys, one with the wife and one with my young family and I can honestly say that there is going to have to be a big eye opener for me to look elsewhere.

As a note the Gin and Tonics in the Hotel Bars are second to none........

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Sofia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I knew about this place for a year or two before going. My expectations were greatly exceeded. I would describe it as a golf oasis in the mountains of Bulgaria. Everything was top notch, and only 2 hours from Sofia. Will be going back many times. Great pool ( even heated outdoors) and spa facilities also.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank RedRyler
Bulgaria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We (couple in our twenties) stayed there for a night, to a friend's wedding. The resort itself is located in the foot of the Pirin Mountain, it is composed of a main hotel building and several neighbouring apartment blocks. The complex is huge, yet nicely cared after.

One thing I couldn't understand though is the weird conception of the whole joint: while the hotel itself is categorised as a 5*, the annexed flats do not wear an official category. I've seen other wedding guests' rooms, and they actually vary quite in conception, furniture and design.

Anyway, our studio was in Pirin 3 apartment block. Although being a nice ground-floor flat with garden, there were some very weird architectural failures. Like, we were four in a two-bedroom flat, but we got only one (!) key. We were told that a second one cannot be issued. And one had to crouch below the sink, if he wants to reach the toilet seat. Or you hit the roof lamp with the head, as it hangs 1m50 height. There were no parking lots for everybody, so you have to park in the alley. Also, no apparent numbering of the apartment blocks. I had to bring over something to the groom, I searched the godd*mn flat for half-an-hour, while it was just next to me.

But despite that, it's a really peacefull and beautiful environment, the service is good, staff is very polite and friendly, and the whole set delivers well if you want to organise a big event there. Just make sure you give a map and specific instructions to all your guests.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank duhku4e
Sofia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

We stays in the aparhotel building 3. The course itself is amazing together with the club house, the staff and Pirin mountain above the complex. There is plenty to see/do in the area.
The bed in our apartment was the worst we slept ever on. Even in monastery in India we had more comfortable bed.
The furniture looks and feels cheap (the price wasn't), which is a shame for such nice complex.

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed in an apartment in the Downtown area of the resort. Lovely very clean apartment overlooking the main pedestrian street. There are lots of facilities in the complex including a spa centre, golf club, cycle hire and lots of restaurants, bars and shops.
The views of the mountains are exceptional and the grounds are fantastically maintained so you can easily have a quiet stroll around the complex.
I recommend that you hire a car and there is a cheap company that we use (my family stays here a bit) top rent car. It's a Bulgarian company but we've never had any issues with them.
Overall, a great place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank OMG0602
limassol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel is good, but on average the staff are poorly trained. The girls at the front desk are mostly well trained, but other staff lack the language and cultural skills to service customers. Very few smiles, inconsistent information, and a cannot be boThered attitude. Very few people seem to be able to give adequate information. When asked about the spa, the girl at reception sad she didn' t know much about it and sent us to the Spa Center. At the Spa Center, we were sent back to reception. The waiter at the restaurant was most helpful, his supervisor just stood around and did nothing. The golf course was in a wonderful condition, and is surrounded by snow topped mountains. Unfortunately, the service at the pro shop and at the golf club was appalling. We waited endlessly for our sandwiches, when they finally arrived they were truly terrible with very old bread and soggy warmed up chips, and usually there was no-one attending the bar (it was not busy at all). Wen we asked for some nuts with our wine, we were given the plate of unfinished nuts from the table next ours. There are a few toilets on the golf course but there is no toilet paper or paper to dry your hands. It is really a great pity because this is such a beautiful place. But instead of investing more money into facilities (there is even a tv in front of the toilet in our hotel bathroom) perhaps more money shoud be invested in staff training. International visitors will be willing to accept a lot, but staff need to learn to smile and be friendly. This will make up for their lack of English (perhaps not even so important considering the nationalities of the guests). This is a wonderful place but it needs a lot of improvements to make it into an international tourist destination.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

I went to Pirin Golf and me and my family had an amazing time. We spend the whole week there and we didnt need to go out of the complex as i has everything. There are a lot of restaurants and our favourites are the Club House and the Italian restaurant. One of my kids had a birhtday and we had a blast. They have their own bakery so we got an amazing cake and it was so tasty. It total it is a greatfull place. My husband plays golf and he was amazed by the golf course. It is a beautiful p,ace and you have everything that you need there. If you have not visited it already DO IT! It is an outstanding place.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lora H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bansko
Pirin Golf Hotel & Spa
Lucky Bansko Aparthotel
Pirin River Ski & Spa
Pirin River Ski & Spa
#1 of 96 in Bansko

Been to Pirin Golf & Country Club Apartments? Share your experiences!