“A good mehana in Bansko.”
Review of Molerite

Molerite
Ranked #44 of 138 Restaurants in Bansko
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional Bulgarian mekhana type of restaurant, part of a hotel Molerite 1972. Type of cuisine: Bulgarian
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I just got back from a great 5 day skiing trip in Bansko. I stayed at the iconic Hotel Kempinski and most nights ate inside the hotel in one of the 4 restaurants. One night I asked the reception about a good "mehana" in the area to try the local cuisine. I was told to try the Molerite mehana by the river near the police station. It was really good. The old building has been renovated traditionally and the owners are friendly. There was live traditional music and the food was delicious. The portions were huge. Each portion could easily feed 3 to 4 people, and the prices were very low by European standards. There was also a sheltered semi-outdoor smoking area, which was really good for us smokers. A nice experience and a great place to try traditional Bulgarian food.

1  Thank Caveman A

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Food was good. We speak a little bulgarian and the evening started well with a female waitress. The evening was not good as we were not looked after by the waiters and they would not serve us desert

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have visited this Mehana several times over the last few years and never been disappointed. It is by far the best quality food on offer in Bansko that we have found.
It was a pleasure today to take a Bulgarian friend for lunch there.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I saw the place form outside and thought it was a good mexhana(tavern). I know what is a good one since mexhana is actually a Turkish word which is my mother language (Mey: drink Hane:house). And expected that it was a good one but came out JUST the contrary! Don't want to bore you with details but avoid the place unless you want to be treated brutely by waiters who are almost proud of being non english speakers and careless about your satisfaction at all, eat bad food, plus pay twice the price it deserves. AVVVOID Molerite!

1  Thank Naturablue
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Very good location for me. Nice food, not so bad servise but definately overpriced especially during the summer period when is the low season for Bansko.

3  Thank BJ_INT