LION Hotel Bansko
US$99
  • Breakfast included
US$70
US$61
Saint George Palace(Bansko)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$43
US$38
US$69
US$66
Predela 2 Apartments(Bansko)(Great Value!)
US$24
All reviewshalf boardsauna and steam roomgondola stationshuttle busbreakfast and dinnerhotel barski holidaybar pricesmin walkmy advice would besnow cannonscrystal skishuttle servicebuffet stylesoupsfamily roomrooms are great
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I booked up the Hotel following good reviews on Trip advisor. The Hotel was clean at a U.K 3 star standard. This is the first Negative review i have ever written. We stayed at the Hotel from the 2nd of February to the 9th of February 2013.The lovely ladies that cleaned the rooms and the drivers to the gondola were really kind and friendly. However the food was cold uninteresting and of very poor quality. The last day the breakfast was so cold we could not eat anything and the eggs looked as if they were warmed up from a previous sitting. I would not recommend staying at this Hotel at all considering you need good food to make the most of your ski holiday.

Room Tip: Hotel Quiet
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Westdrayton
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I decided to go to Hotel Lion after friends had given it such a good review last year. Now let me just say, I genuinely am not someone that leaves reviews or complains, in fact, this is a first for me as I wanted to make sure people don't make the same mistake as I.

The Hotel is actually very clean and the staff are friendly. Rooms are okay for what you need and are cleaned everyday. The Hotel offers a free lift to and from the Gondola, which is run extremely well. However, I can't continue with anything nice to say, as that is it.

I happened to be put on the third floor of this Hotel. Upon arrival at 23:00, we were entitled to a late meal, which did the job, but the food was very poor (and I'm not a fussy eater). I assumed this was due to the fact that is was a late meal put on for new arrivals. After eating and looking forward to decent nights sleep after 9 hours of traveling, I was soon introduced to the sound of bass leaking through the floorboards. At this time I lived with it, fell asleep and assumed it was a one off.

The next morning I went for breakfast and found that I couldn't even attempt to eat the stuff, the beans were cold, the food was caked in oil and I was left with some cereal, oh, with warm milk.

After a full day of boarding, I came back to the hotel and relaxed in the bar, joined the free wifi only to notice that it was like waiting for a old 56k dial up modem. The chances of actually getting onto the WiFi was slim and the speed was pathetic.

In the evening, I once again attempted to eat the food which I'd paid for in my half board Hotel payment and once again didn't even load my plate with food, due to the fact it looked horrific. For the rest of my holiday I went out and paid for food, breakfast, lunch and evening meal as the Hotel Lion food is disgusting.

Finally getting to sleep, I heard the loud bass sound piercing through the walls. This went onto until 4am. The next day I found out that a night club was underneath the Hotel, this explained everything. On the Thursday the club stayed open until 7am and people were outside my room window, drunk & shouting.

If this hotel improved their food, their WiFi service and obviously removed the ridiculous night club at the bottom of the hotel. I'd easily of given this a 5 outta 5. But with the lack of sleep during the whole week, not eating the food i'd paid for and racking up a 02 3G bill 'cos their connection was that bad, I'm afraid the Hotel Lion can only be given a 2 outta 5.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, floor 6. I had friends on this floor and they seemed to get a better wireless connection and had no problem with the noise. Apart from the fact they were close to the Hotel elevator and could hear the annoying bell ringing each time the door opens.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RWUK
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Been to Bansko before but stayed in a different hotel. The Lion is perfectly clean, friendly and met all of our skiing needs. The "jacuzzi" and pool was a tad cold, but the staff openly said it was not a jacuzzi. The steam room and sauna again perfect.

The food was edible, but got a bit repetitive, although carbs are just what you need before a day skiing. The drinks were a little expensive and would recommend the market up the hill for bottles of water and snacks.

The rooms were a good size and we had a lovely view of the mountains. People in the corridor at night were a bit noisy, and walking back from the 'clubs' you could hear them outside - the window was open though.

I wouldn't rule out staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan53
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Arrived late because of the flight, however there was buffet waiting for and even a glass of wine at reception. You dont get this at many plces.
The room we got was a standart (what we paid for) and it still was a god size. Also it was warm enough during the entire stay. There was some noise from other guests ( hotel is very busy) but you cant expect to be absolute quiet with so many people arround.
Restaurat is very nice and big. There are not sittings and always had spare tables. Food was planty to choose from at both dinner and breakfast.
Great servise is the shuttle provided from the hotel since gondola is at least 15 min away.
We enjoyed and recomend Bansko and Lion

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The food is terrible,reception desk very unkind,we reserved room with balcony they gave us rooms in suterrain,coffee in the lobby is awful,same breakfast 7 days in a row..All in all,I will never come back again

• Stayed: January 2013