“summer lakes & mountains”

Park Hotel Gardenia
Ranked #53 of 95 Hotels in Bansko
Caistor, United Kingdom
“summer lakes & mountains”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Hotel in good location in Bansko.The facilities are excellent, sauna,massages, indoor pool and hot tub. It lacks an outdoor pool and sunbathing area, as the temp. reached 30C in June 2012. The food was not up to English standards but judging by other hotels the food was better than most.The staff were great and friendly. The rooms were good (grubby carpets) and beds comfy.In summer it is a walkers delight.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are best, you can open doors to let fresh air in.Downside no chairs.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Bansko, where this hotel is located is known to be a winter sport resorts village (mainly ski). Therefore it was not a big surprise to enter a very sleepy town during the summer. There is one major street with two hotels, where Gardenia is one of them. There is a sidewalk with several restaurants, some of them are terribly expensive, watch out and check the menu prices. We stay in the Park hotel Gardenia only one night. The hotel itself is a modern one and has the whole modern facilities. The rooms were large and clean with hot water and the beds were fair. I do not believe that I will be back to Bansko, but if I come I will take this hotel as a first priority to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms to the street will show you the neighbor (not a nicest thing to watch in the morning..) better...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thessaloniki
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I'm from Greece and I visited Gardenia for the Easter holidays. The stay at the hotel was really comfortable, not only because of the hotel beauty, but the warmly feelings. The staff there is wanderful and friendly, and also very kind, real professionals.
The food was tasty and a lot, we were on ALL INCLUSIVE packege.
I had a great time with my family.
The hotel is next to the park so you can go there and make walks and also there is a childrens play area and it's very nice.
I will visit the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela K
London
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We have visited Park Hotel Gradenia in April 2012. Thank you for a wonderful time this week at your Hotel - We will be returning with our friends. We are very impressed with the staff and look forward to coming again to the Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Bitola
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We've visited Hotel Gardenia in late February, early March this year and had a really good time. We've stayed 7 nights there. The hotel is clean, cozy and very warm. Too warm, sometimes. I found the price rather good considering their offer is half board. The rooms along with the bathroom were very clean. The breakfast was very rich. The dinner was also good, with 5 main dishes, at least 1 of which was vegetarian. However, the dinner meals were somewhat repetitive. I found the pool in the spa center to be rather small which was a negative thing especially during the weekends as there were many guests during the weekends. Other facilities in the spa center were good. A thing that bothered me a little was that the hotel did not accept online payment for booking, instead a bank transfer was the only option. I sent the money that way, and after paying the commissions in my country, the receptionist asked me for 5 more Levs upon departure because when they received the payment they did not received it in full because of the commissions in the Bulgarian bank. I don't think that I should have covered that, as the hotel did not allow online payment and I already paid commission once, plus I was charged 100 Levs for night (which was a good price, I believe) and I think the hotel would have survived without those 5 Levs. Nevertheless, the general impression was that the hotel was really good - the staff (from drivers of the shuttle bus to receptionist were friendly) and the hotel deserves the 4 stars. I would recommend this hotel to friends and I would return there once again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DareBt
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The fireplace (in the common area) worked only one evening and the smoke was thick.
The price/room it's very good. The food was good but not so many choices. Their mehana looks fantastic. Friendly staff. WiFi internet works only in the downstairs lobby, but in the room you'll have a wired connection (ask for the cable at reception). It's far from the slopes but they have a shuttle connection (free).

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Turks and Caicos
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We've travelled to Bulgaria, Bansko from Romania Constanta and we've reached the Gardenia hotel after almost 12 hours of driving - it was easy to find it using even the map, but we didn't expect the trip to be so long.
The hotel is awesome, breakfast also, everything is clean, facilities super, we've loved the swimming pool and the sauna, and I can' remember sleeping so deep as it happened on thise pillows and matress. Also we've paid a good price, almost 17 euros per person with breakfast included.
One thing that really bothered us is that he lobby downstairs is always full of smokers, and the smell and the smoke reach the elevators and even the hallways of the floors, for example we were at the 3rd floor and we could feel as soon as we were getting out of our room the smoke of cigars. For smokers might be ok, but for non-smokers is not that pleasant. Also while crossing he lobby to get to the elevators or stairs we had to stand all he smokers, even if a non-smoker sign was present, and our clotheh were getting the smell in just 3 minutes.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms have access to internet by cable, wireless not so good there
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family