“Very nice”

Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Amman, Jordan
“Very nice”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Location near of entrance petra staff frindly and helpfull rooms clean and comfortable
View from the room very very nice
The food is delicious and beautiful shape
The hotel is very quiet
Director General, Mr. Abdullah was omnipresent throughout our footprint in a hotel for three nights
Thanks Abdullah, Thank you, staff, Thank you, Candles on this stay happy

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank anas_khlifat
Candles H, Guest Relations Manager at Candles Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2016
Dear Anas Khlifat,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in Petra.

Candles Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed in candles hotel last week .i like this hotels .just few minutes from hotel to entrance petra. the staff was very friendly special reception staff. rooms clean and comfortable .the resturant in high floor (fourth floor ) i think its good idea if want to see all city.breakfast was delicious and vairety thanks alot for all

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank requirt
Dear Requirt,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time give us some feedback. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come again soon.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 9 May 2014

That is second time i visited this hotel i made the check in by Tel it was very fast i found this hotel is different completely they made renew in everything i liked it so much from before it is comfortable close to entrance petra and the staff so friendly every time confirm to me that and the price suitable to any one and good service every time i want go to petra i will stay in candles and i want thank the management for a good hospitality to me thank you so much

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Walid A
Dear Walid A,

Thank you for your gracious review. Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us both time. We hope we will see you in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Hello my friend Abdullah I would like to thank you for your hosting wonderful and beautiful. In addition to the wonderful service in the department of food and drink wonderful food required in addition to the wonderful staff.
Best wishes
Monsef

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Monsef N
Candles H, Manager at Candles Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2016
Dear Monsef,

You are most welcome. It was my pleasure to meet you. Its wonderful to hear you enjoyed your time at Candles Hotel. You are welcome anytime, hope to see you again soon.

All the best my friend,
Abdullah
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I booked my stay on the internet directly with Abdullah, the General Manager. He always replied speedily and positively. He arranged my transfer from Amman airport and back and the 2 days' entrance to Petra - all for a very reasonable price (especially considering that the hotel is so close to the entrance to Petra)
My taxi driver was waiting for me at the airport and I was given a very warm welcome on arrival at the hotel even though it was past midnight.
My room was spacious, comfortable and clean; the large television had a least one English channel. The bed was comfortable and I slept well each of the 3 nights that I stayed.The bathroom was a bit dated but there was plenty of hot water for a shower at any time. There were ample towels and toiletries.
There was a wide choice of both hot and cold food for breakfast, eat as much as you wish, which is served from 6.30am allowing you to get to Petra for opening time. Breakfast can be taken on the 4th floor terrace overlooking the Petra entrance area - a fantastic start to the day.
Each member of staff that I encountered was friendly and exceedingly courteous. When my mobile phone wouldn't allow me to make calls to Britain the hotel receptionist put me through on the hotel phone at no charge whatsoever! I was frequently addressed by my name by the receptionists.
The hotel isn't a luxurious one but is very reasonably priced for what it has to offer.
All the plans went without a hitch making the whole experience very stress free and relaxing. My driver was Khaled, a very gentle and kind, caring man. I booked some extra visits with him and the price was always in line with that shown in the guidebook. He took great care to ensure that I had food and drink as required and went where I wanted to go. But he also had suggestions, should I wish to take him up on them. He knew many 'back roads' away from the tourist highways, that led through stunning scenery. He drove with great care.
I cannot fault this holiday. Abdullah, the hotel staff and Khaled made my few days in Jordan very very memorable - an experience I will never forget.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Paul M
Dear Pual M,

I hope you are well my friend. Thank you for your lengthy review. Its a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for sharing your experience during your time within Jordan. We hope to see you again soon.

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

On the good side: great location less than 5 minutes from the Petra ticket office. Quiet. Cozy. Friendly staff. Good parking available. Can get good views from the hotel.n the down side: bit dusty and we had a bit of a drain smell from the toilet. But good for what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Oleebg
Dear Oleebg,

I hope you are well. It was our pleasure to host you during your time in Jordan. We appreciate your review. We hope to see you in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It was a wonderful stay, hotel's location great, food and service were excellent.
Abdolah - GM- is very helpful he made our visit to Petra enjoyable and more comfortable,
Our room was overlooking, clean and wide enough to take an extra bed for our child (8 y.o).

Petra is great and awesome, we will get back once again soon future!

Room Tip: overlooking rooms have a very nice view of sunset