Valley Stars doesn't pretend to be anything smart or sophisticated but it fitted our bill brilliantly (once we found it in the dark!). The room was quite basic (and i agree that the wiring probably left a bit to be desired - but in my experience that is pretty much the norm outside Europe) but everything was clean and though the water was distinctly tepid late at night it was very hot the next morning. The staff could not have been nicer or more welcoming with Ibrahim going out of his way to advise us on somewhere to stay the following night and using his own phone to book us in. Breakfast was delicious. All in all, I would certainly recommend it to anybody looking for good value accommodation in Wadi Musa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOTEL SERVICES: Breakfast: A complimentary continental breakfast is served in the dining room from 6.30 am to 10.00 am daily. Shuttle Service to the Ancient City of Petra. We offer a complimentary shuttle service to the main entry gates daily departing at:• 7.00 am• 8:30 am. Please meet in reception approximately 5 minutes prior to departure. We also offer a complimentary pick up service at:• 3.00 pm• 6.00 pm. Your driver will advise you of the appropriate pick up location. As a courtesy to all guests, please ensure that you are on time for pick up. As we appreciate that you may wish to spend more time enjoying the historic Ancient City whilst you are there and not rush to meet the courtesy bus, should you wish to make your own way back to the VSI, taxis are available at a small cost. We can advise you what a taxi fare should cost so that you can negotiate this with your driver before the commencement of your journey. Depending on seasonality we may be able to offer flexible drop off and pick up times. Please speak to our driver who will advise if he is able to accommodate your request. Customised Tour Service: As we appreciate that coordinating transport, accommodation, and other tour requirements can be tiring and often frustrating, we can personally customize and arrange your tour to suit your requirements. With our local knowledge we will ensure that you receive the best service and value for money. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance to you and we will do our best to meet your requests as well as budget. Taxi Service: We can arrange a 24 hour taxi service to take you anywhere within Jordan. Restaurant: During peak seasons (15 September to 15 November and 1 March to 15 May) we offer affordable, delicious and traditional Jordanian homecooked meals to be enjoyed in either our dining room or on the roof terrace. Please contact reception to confirm whether our restaurant is open during your stay. Alcoholic Beverages: Alcohol is not available however please feel free to bring your own to drink at the hotel. Complimentary Tea and Coffee (one per guest per day). If you would like to enjoy a complimentary traditional tea or Turkish coffee in our lounge, please ask a member of our staff at reception who would be delighted to make your one. Safety Deposit Boxes: Safety deposit boxes are available at reception for the security of your valuables. Please contact reception who will be able to assist you. Packed Lunch: If you would like us to prepare a packed lunch for you at a small cost, please contact reception before 8 pm the night before. Please also advise us the time of morning that you will be requiring your lunch to be made available to you. Internet and WIFI service: We offer a free high speed internet service and WIFI in the reception area. Please contact a member of staff who will be able to assist in setting you up. Drinking Water: Bottled water is available in reception for 1JD per 2 litre bottle. Please contact a member of staff who will be able to assist you. If you would like us to freeze a bottle of water for you so that it can stay cool during your tour or onward journey, please advise us the day before you require it. Postcards: A variety of postcards are available to be purchased in reception. The cost is 5 postcards for 1JD. Laundry: We can offer a same day dry cleaning and laundry service for items delivered to reception before 11.00 am. Items will be returned by 4.00 pm and can be collected at reception. Iron: Please contact reception if you require an iron. As a courtesy to our guests, please return to reception after use or call reception to collect from your room. Hairdryer: Please contact reception if you require a hairdryer. As a courtesy to our guests, please return to reception after use or call reception to collect from your room. DVDs: Should you wish to enjoy watching a DVD please advice a member of staff who will be able to install a DVD player in your room. We have a small selection of DVD movies in reception for you to choose from. Please note that our DVD player is available on a first in first served basis and may not be available upon request. Adapter: Should you require an adapter, please contact reception who will be able to assist you. Check Out: Check out is 12.00 pm. Luggage Storage: Luggage storage is available on the day of your departure from the hotel. Should you require assistance carrying your luggage from your room, please contact reception. TOURIST INFORMATION: Things to do and see. Visit the Ancient City of Petra by Day2. Visit the Ancient City of Petra by Night3. Visit the Ancient City of Little Petra4. Enjoy a Turkish bath5. Take a day trip to Ashwbak Castle and Dana natural reserve 6. Take a day trip to Wadi Rum7. Watch one of the amazing sunsets from various location outside of Petra8. Wander around the streets of Wadi Mousa9. Relax on our roof terrace. Distance to: Ancient City of Petra 1.7 km, Ancient City of Little Petra 12 km, Amman 240 km, Dead Sea 270 km, Karak Castle 175 km, Aqaba 130 km, Wadi Rum 110 km, Ancient City of Petra. Opening Hours: Day sessions: 6:30 am till sunset (7 days per week), Night sessions: 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Bus Services: Bus services operate to the following places daily. Location Distance Pick Up Approximate cost in JDs Contact for bookings. Amman 3:30 hrs Bus station Around 8JD ReceptionAqaba 2.00 hrs Hotel 5JD ReceptionWadi Rum 2.00 hrs Hotel 5JD ReceptionDead Sea No buses / / /Madaba No buses / / /Maan 30 mins Bus station 1 JD ReceptionBorder Crossing – Aqaba. The border crossing between Aqaba and Eilat (Israel) is opened from 8am to 8 pm daily. Please note that a departure tax is payable on exit from Jordan. Border Crossing – King Hussein Bridge. Please be aware that tourists require a special pre arranged visa to cross at this border. LOCAL AREA INFORMATION: ATM: There are three ATMs located within 400 metres. Please turn right as you exit the hotel. Money Exchange: The nearest money exchange is location 400 metres in the same location as the ATMs. Post Office: The Post Office is located 400 metres from the hotel. Please turn right as you exit the hotel. The Post Office is located in the Petra Authority Region Building on the left side of the road. You need to walk up the stairs and turn right. Please note that should you wish to send packages you will need to provide your own packaging as this cannot be purchased from the post office. Pharmacy: A pharmacy is located 300 metres from the hotel. Turn right as you exit the hotel and the pharmacy is on your right.Phone cards: Phone cards can be purchased from any phone shop within the town area and you may use it at the hotel without any charge. Bus Station: The bus station is located 350 metres from the hotel. Restaurants For recommendations on local restaurants, please contact reception who will be able to assist you. Please enjoy your stay with us. Kind regards Ibrahim, Hotel Manager. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Valley Stars Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Stars Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- Hotel Valley Stars
- Valley Stars Inn Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa