“Owner tried to rip me off!”
Review of Midtown Restaurant - CLOSED

Midtown Restaurant
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Sat down for lunch and started talking to the owner. He seemed very friendly and offered to show me and my friend an outlook over the Petra Village. The owner insisted that we do not pay immediately and instead pay when we get back (big mistake!). When we got back to the restaurant the owner demanded we pay him 50 dinar (about $70) for the lunch, petrol (it was just a few kilometers drive), and his time. I payed him 10 dinar, which is already twice what the food was worth, and left. The next day I was walking past this restaurant and the owner came outside and started yelling at me again.

2  Thank al r

Reviewed 24 March 2013

The food is really tasty and fresh. They take a bit of time to prepare it, but you can easily tell that its cooked fresh for you, and not prepared hours ago. The staff are very friendly and genuinely warm. The restaurant atmosphere is not luxurious even though it's not cheap. Free wifi. Easy to get to. Overall I really enjoyed eating there.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Went to this place thanks to all the positive reviews here. What a mistake! It’s definitely not one of the cheaper restaurants in Wadi Musa. The staff was friendly though. But the food was not what we ordered and it was completely cold.
I recommend restaurant Bukhara instead. Very friendly staff, excellent service and such great food for a reasonable price.

4  Thank Masakaiswaking
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have been staying in Petra the past 2 nights and have been stuck trying to find a decent budget place to eat at. Mr Odeh from hotel Al Anbat 1 where I have been staying at showed me this restaurant on my first night after arriving from Amman. I have not had better food this trip which has included extensive travel in Lebanon and Jordan. Mr Mohammed the manager of Midtown provided great food and Jordanian hospitality. It is next to Sanabal bakery upstairs next to the roundabout.

2  Thank grave2776
Reviewed 11 January 2013

The food is tasty, the staff is nice, panoramic veiwsб nice interior design, but it was expensive. There are cheaper options in Wadi Musa