“Beautiful spot in Wadi Musa”

Petra Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed in Petra Bed and Breakfast for two nights. The B&B is beautifully situated on a hill with views over Wadi Musa (ask for an itinerary, since the B&B is hard to find). There are four rooms, room 3 looks out over the valley. Each room has its private bath room (watch your head when entering it ;-)). Free coffee and tea are provided, (simple) breakfast is included in the room price (we paid 60 JD per night). From the B&B it is just a 5 minute ride to the entrance of Petra. No wifi availabe, but the B&B has a computer with internet.

Patricia and Eit are very hospitable and they helped us very well when our car broke down (knowledge of the Arabic knowledge helps a lot :-)). I definitively prefer their beautiful B&B above the big hotels in the valley!!

Room Tip: Room 3 overlooks the valley.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Thanks Patricia for making our stay so pleasant.
First you should realize there is not much as far as hotels in this area and if you want a true welcome feel this is where you should go. Being away from the town and tourist( not far just pleasantly uphill) makes for a better situation. The accommodations are fine, not a fancy 5 star hotel but in this area it is definitely better than any accommodations we saw,(and priced)
The real plus is the personal, friendly feel of Patricia and her husband in making your stay in this remote part of the world truly a great memory.
Great coffee and conversation in the morning., light breakfast for my husband, but I was fine.
Good food referrals and tips on how to spend your day in Petra site.
Will recommend over any other place in this area! Thanks again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed one night at Petra Bed and Breakfast during our visit at Petra. It was a fantastic experience... beautiful views, clean, comfortable, very good breakfast and very practical for visiting Petra. The warm and honest welcome of the owners embraces the tradition of Jordan hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here one night in January before moving to a hotel. It is in a pretty remote location. Jordan was experiencing a cold spell and our room was very cold. Our guide had confirmed with Patricia that we were coming so perhaps she could have turned on the heat earlier in the day to get the room to a decent temperature. We asked for an additional heater for the bathroom but neither the bedroom or the bathroom ever got above 55F. There is a shared sitting area which also was not heated. The breakfast was ok but pretty minimal. We read in the evening and there was minimal light so that, too, was not an option. All in all it did not suit us. Perhaps warmer weather would have made all the difference but we were not comfortable nor did we feel there were satisfactory attempts to help the situation.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
PetraBedandBreakfast, Owner at Petra Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Let me start by saying that I'm very sorry we weren't able to make your stay at our B&B a pleasant one. I agree that it was very cold then and the heaters we had at that time weren't doing as well as they should have. However, that problem has long been solved, you can clearly see that when you read reviews of other guests who stayed with us later in January, February and March. Convection heaters have been installed in the rooms and a large heater is installed in the sitting area.
I'm not sure what you mean by minimal breakfast, what we serve is: warm bread, eggs, 2 kinds of jam, 2 kinds of cheese, dates, sweet halava, honey, peanut butter, Nutella, herbs & olive oil, butter, several kinds of fruit and tea or coffee. Minimal in Jordan would be a hard boiled egg, cheap cheese and a chemical jelly called jam.

I absolutely believe you when you write that you were not comfortable, you were in fact so uncomfortable that you made ME feel uncomfortable in my own home, almost from the minute you arrived and it only got worse after that. You stepped out of the car without even saying hello, you pretty much ignored us, you did nothing but complain after that and you didn't speak to me in the morning until I said I thought it would be better if you left (in a friendly way).
And when you were ready to leave you got in the car without even saying goodbye. I can honestly say that it never happened before or after that ever again that I said to my husband in the evening that I was going to ask our guests to leave in the morning.
I'm very sorry you felt the need, after 9 months (you stayed with us in January) to post this review but then again I'm not really surprised either. And of course that's what TA is all about.

We strive to make all of our guests feel at home at our B&B, most of the time we succeed but unfortunately sometimes we don't. Again I'm sorry.

Patricia

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I had only one day in Petra, I wish my stay was longer because this place was amazing. The hospitality of the owners Patricia and Eid was truly extraordinary. The cleanliness, comfort, food and service at this place beats any hotel stay I have ever had. The location of the house is on a hill, the view is exceptional and the outdoor air is truly clean and refreshing.
A highly recommended place to stay while in Petra.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Petra Bed & Breakfast in Wadi Musa and were very pleased. Patricia is one of the most accommodating hostesses we have ever encountered in our travels. Our room was large and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was nicely appointed. The accommodations were immaculately clean. The breakfast was great. The view of Wadi Musa from the guest living room was beautiful. If you follow Patricia's directions, the site is fairly easy to locate. Petra is only a five minute drive away. The only down side was.... we happened to stay on a hot day and it did take a while for the room to cool down. But, overall, we were very satisfied and would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights as part of a ten night trip to Jordan. Really excellent. Perfect setting. Easy to find with Patricia's directions. Had an evening meal on one night which was the best meal we had in Jordan. Patricia and Eid are perfect hosts. We got lots of information and tips from them, which made our stay so much better. Excellent value. Really cannot say enough about it. They really deserve their No ! spot on Trip Advisor

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple