“They dont really know how to cook middle eastern basic food”

Cleopetra Restaurant and Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“They dont really know how to cook middle eastern basic food”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

None of the items we ordered had any taste and not eatable at all. Even the basic soup and moutable we had ordered was no way even near to how is it suppose to be Don't even think of visitng this restaurant mark it. Opposite this resaturat is a takeaway joint they have amazing mouth watering dishes just walk in there and youll be staitsfied.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Untasteful, Unhospitable, out and out loser Restaurant”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have to literally say that none of the Items in the Menu are really appealing when ordered on table. The restaurant is not at all Having a middleeastern flavour or taste in the itmes served. its really is a Bad restaurant with the service and taste has no value for Money.

This is a restaurant mainly can be of sort suitable for very emergency cases. But not at all advisable for anyone to order and sit here as the food is terribly bad, with no decent serving as well as no decent taste nor any decency in standards of items being in real served on table.

Its was a sincerely bad experience. Am sorry but it was also no use criticising the owner or manager as they are used to this standards for the people they cater to.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Not really middle eastern food”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We ate yhe soup, and tabbouleh salad, muttabal and the food was not at all really typical middleastern. I have lived since my childhood in dubai but the food was not at all matching to middle east typical taste. There are much better restaurant's around.

1 Thank Haresh B
Hong Kong, China
“Fantastic local place in Petra”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My friend and I stumbled upon Cleopatra. It's a pretty small place but we saw some locals sitting inside so we decided to gave it a shot. It was really good and we came back for more on the second night. In the first night, I had the chicken grilled, and my friend had the mixed grilled. The chicken was soft and juicy with lots of tomatoes on the side as well as this really yummy brown noodles bits wth rice and naan and crepe like texture roti on it. The severings are very generous and with lots of meat and on top of it, a plate of beans as sides. I feel that's its the best chicken dish I had in Petra. It's priced.at 5 with no additional service charge which I feel its good value for money seeing. The owner is friendly and they also do freshly squeezed and buffet. I will definitely come back for more if I am in Petra again.

• Visited January 2014
Reno, Nevada, United States
“Good food, super friendly owner, inexpensive”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My girlfriend and I had just checked into Al Rashid Hotel when a couple from Germany came up to us, gushing about the meal they'd just had at Cleopetra. On their recommendation, we decided to give it a try. From the street the restaurant looks, well, imperfect. Kinda like a dive is another way to put it. Must of the food is offered buffet-style. The chicken and the lamb was tasty, and the four soups was delish as was the hummus and large pita bread. But was really made the place for us after a long drive in rain and fog from Amman was the humorous and super-friendly owner, who made us feel at home. Total price after feasting: 15 dinar (about US$20).

• Visited December 2013