“Roof top view :)”

Valentine Inn
Bangkok, Thailand
“Roof top view :)”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The rooms were ok, but the bathroom in the dorm wasn't cleaned during our entire stay!
The free shuttle bus to Petra was extremely convenient and always on time. The packed lunch was terrible!!!
The staff did a great job of organizing our buses, but unfortunately misinformed us about the tour we booked with them. Causing some problems later in our trip.
The best thing about this hostel is the view of the sunset over Petra from the roof. It's stunning.
I'd recommend this hostel for a cheap place to stay for a few nights while you're visiting Petra, just not the lunch!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lucy_jessica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My stay was enjoyable and I was satisfied with the prompt service. The attitude of the staff was friendly, warming, and welcoming. The staff was also helpful. Valentine Inn has services to make your stay convenient in Wadi Musa (shuttles, bus schedules, etc.) My room was clean and smelled good. I would leave daily, during my stay, and would return to a cleaned room. At 7:30pm, they serve a buffet dinner (depending on how many guest), and it was the best I had in Wadi Musa + a great price (5 JD per person)! They had a chicken and rice dish, felafel, eggplant, squash, variety of salad, plus much more. To make a long dinner story short, I ate all I could and had a good nights sleep lol. The price of the hotel is worth it, me and my family were glad about our decision to stay here. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Tl;Dr - I enjoyed my stay and was pleased

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank TheSojourner2
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Valentine inn is simple but has this, just very awesome, dinner that will beat every hostel around! We stayed in a dorm and met a lot of cool people, we've walked to Petra and when we came back we were tired and could just relax with other travelers while eating the perfect food! We've stayed there for 2 nights and had nice contact with the American volunteer. I would just recommend you to plan your own trip and don't let the staff do it for you, they will help you as good as tey can but it might not be what you're looking for! The breakfast and lunch are not special but they are just fine, the beds were good only our badroom was disgusting and the toilet didnt work.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joanne S
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 April 2014

There is a wide range of Hotels in Wadi Musa but not all of them seem to me suitable for Backpackers. Valentine definitely does. The staff is friendly, there are nice areas to meet up with other travellers and exchange experiences. They have a nice rooftop with a good view, buffet dinners and tours for really good prices. Simple but clean and good value for money.

Room Tip: I stayed one night only why I was fine with a 6 dorm (mixed). For a longer stay I would probably go...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 121Iz
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We arrived at Petra by bus from Amman and it was an easy bus ride of 4 hours, we had a reservation somewhere else and the shuttle service of Valentie Inn approached us and takes us in to come and stay with them.
Its a very simple hotel with amazing view. The shuttle service is actually what made us stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mina M
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in valentin inn only 1 night.

I did not have a very good impression of the guest house receptionist and the shuttle arrangment.

I stay there because i knew the dorm is 5.5jd, its a super attractive price for a solo traveller in jordan; but if u wanna eat there - dorm+breakfast+dinner is 13jd, if u wanna join the petra by night is 12jd for the ticket, so total will be 25jd/pax which is fine, but the thing is i wasnt sure i will buy the petra night ticket from the guest house or the entrance, after a few push but i still not buying the ticket, instantly the receptionist change her face and became a bit mad and said that i couldnt take the free shuttle at night bla bla bla... After awhile, some of their staffs keep brothering me about the ticket thing, trying to 'explain' me the price are the same or so on... But the thing is i dont feel comfotable to buy the ticket from them so i havnt get it! So if u are staying there, please make sure u buy the ticket from the guest house or you fix it by yourself.

The place is okay with a good view in the up hill to enjoy sun set; but the location is a bit far from the town. After whole day walk in petra, u wouldnt want to walk down to the hill to search for food, so you have to join the dinner there becos of its no another choice.

About the free transportation, only at 7am & 8am from the guest house to petra and 4pm & 5pm pack up back to the guest house. If u missed the free shuttle, u have to pay 2.5 jd for the taxi. So why not stay in other dorm which is closed to the town?

Just a friendly review for u guys.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank angello429

Travellers are raving about these Petra - Wadi Musa hotels

Troy, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

1. I booked the cheapest dorm(4 JD), was pretty good value.
2. I did not really like the buffet dinner. You are better off eating at one of the restaurants at the round about. And lunch was really really inadequate. Makes sense spending a little more somewhere else.
3. What I liked was that you get picked up for free, you get driven to Petra for free(even Petra by night). But if you miss the shuttle, or if you want to go early, this place has no advantages for you.
So, not a bad place at all, fairly cheap, good views over the town, but if you have a more money, do go somewhere else, or atleast eat somewhere else.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo