“Cheap rooms, but be very careful about buying any extras”
Review of Valentine Inn

Valentine Inn
Helsinki, Finland
“Cheap rooms, but be very careful about buying any extras”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed in the dorm. The dorm was nice, but I saw the maid come in and "clean" the beds of people checking out and the sheets were not changed. The dorm was nice and cool even without AC and even though the outside air was very warm.

If it was just about the room, I'd probably rate this place 3 or 4 instead of 1. However, the owner's attitude really annoyed me. First, he tried to get me to buy the breakfast and dinner claiming that all restaurants are closed because of Ramadan, which was not true in either Wadi Musa or Petra. While 5JD for a buffet is good value (in town most meals will cost a bit more), taking that would have deprived me of my favorite experience in Petra, namely staying really late at the Monastery.

I was also disappointed by the transport service they offered. Yes, they have free transport at 7AM, 8AM and then back at 4 and 5PM, but otherwise they will try to charge you 3JD per person to go down to Petra. This is ridiculous. You can walk, or you can take a taxi for 2JD per taxi (3JD max.. so with 4 people you save 10JD).

So keeping that in mind, stay in the room, enjoy the room, but be very careful and ask around before booking any tours, definitely do not take any paid transport down to Petra from the hostel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank mpki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The highest hotel to stay from me. Valentin Inn is not exactly near Petra or in the centre of Wadi Musa. But luckily they have free private transport to Petra daily ( Go and Return ). The atmosphere is very nice, they have wide lounge inside and outside the Hotel. I love the sunset view from this place and the view of the Wadi Musa city from here. I would recommend any of you to book your room which the price including the breakfast and dinner. The dinner exactly above my expectation, I got more than what I paid. It's buffet dinner with many choices of food, the food was delicious. The room in the dorm was clean and The staff was helpful. Just stay here, if you doubt what I wrote, try to stay for 1 night first, and I guarantee you will extend your stay.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Billy S
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The rooms were ok, but the bathroom in the dorm wasn't cleaned during our entire stay!
The free shuttle bus to Petra was extremely convenient and always on time. The packed lunch was terrible!!!
The staff did a great job of organizing our buses, but unfortunately misinformed us about the tour we booked with them. Causing some problems later in our trip.
The best thing about this hostel is the view of the sunset over Petra from the roof. It's stunning.
I'd recommend this hostel for a cheap place to stay for a few nights while you're visiting Petra, just not the lunch!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lucy_jessica
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My stay was enjoyable and I was satisfied with the prompt service. The attitude of the staff was friendly, warming, and welcoming. The staff was also helpful. Valentine Inn has services to make your stay convenient in Wadi Musa (shuttles, bus schedules, etc.) My room was clean and smelled good. I would leave daily, during my stay, and would return to a cleaned room. At 7:30pm, they serve a buffet dinner (depending on how many guest), and it was the best I had in Wadi Musa + a great price (5 JD per person)! They had a chicken and rice dish, felafel, eggplant, squash, variety of salad, plus much more. To make a long dinner story short, I ate all I could and had a good nights sleep lol. The price of the hotel is worth it, me and my family were glad about our decision to stay here. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Tl;Dr - I enjoyed my stay and was pleased

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank TheSojourner2
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Valentine inn is simple but has this, just very awesome, dinner that will beat every hostel around! We stayed in a dorm and met a lot of cool people, we've walked to Petra and when we came back we were tired and could just relax with other travelers while eating the perfect food! We've stayed there for 2 nights and had nice contact with the American volunteer. I would just recommend you to plan your own trip and don't let the staff do it for you, they will help you as good as tey can but it might not be what you're looking for! The breakfast and lunch are not special but they are just fine, the beds were good only our badroom was disgusting and the toilet didnt work.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joanne S
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 April 2014

There is a wide range of Hotels in Wadi Musa but not all of them seem to me suitable for Backpackers. Valentine definitely does. The staff is friendly, there are nice areas to meet up with other travellers and exchange experiences. They have a nice rooftop with a good view, buffet dinners and tours for really good prices. Simple but clean and good value for money.

Room Tip: I stayed one night only why I was fine with a 6 dorm (mixed). For a longer stay I would probably go...