Stayed in the dorm. The dorm was nice, but I saw the maid come in and "clean" the beds of people checking out and the sheets were not changed. The dorm was nice and cool even without AC and even though the outside air was very warm.
If it was just about the room, I'd probably rate this place 3 or 4 instead of 1. However, the owner's attitude really annoyed me. First, he tried to get me to buy the breakfast and dinner claiming that all restaurants are closed because of Ramadan, which was not true in either Wadi Musa or Petra. While 5JD for a buffet is good value (in town most meals will cost a bit more), taking that would have deprived me of my favorite experience in Petra, namely staying really late at the Monastery.
I was also disappointed by the transport service they offered. Yes, they have free transport at 7AM, 8AM and then back at 4 and 5PM, but otherwise they will try to charge you 3JD per person to go down to Petra. This is ridiculous. You can walk, or you can take a taxi for 2JD per taxi (3JD max.. so with 4 people you save 10JD).
So keeping that in mind, stay in the room, enjoy the room, but be very careful and ask around before booking any tours, definitely do not take any paid transport down to Petra from the hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In its panoramic view, Valentine Inn overlooking to the mountain of the old city of Petra, with its 30 well equipped rooms, guests can enjoy sunset while lying on bed or outside in the Bedouin terrace while having cup of Bedouin herbal tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Valentine Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentine Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- Valentine Inn Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa