“Perfect”

Movenpick Resort Petra
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am day 2 of my stay here and I love it, I wanted to see Petra but not rush around so I chose to stay here for a week which looking at other reviews seems odd, but i found a perfect place to chill, the pool is perfect and as not many people are staying here for more than 2 days so there are always sun beds. The hotel is beautiful and in keeping with its location the staff are lovely and welcoming, the room is beautiful and the beds are so comfy you get a great nights sleep. We used the car service to get here and the chap was lovely even though we were delayed so didn't get in until midnight. I honestly think more people should stay longer it's a perfect place to relax and then pop next door to Petra just perfect. Yes it's a little expensive to eat but it is a five star hotel so it's to be expected ands if it's too much there are restaurants just up the road you can go to. But you cannot beat the bar on the roof here for the view and atmosphere just perfect for a cocktail and they make a very good margarita. Definately chose this hotel.

Room Tip: Chose a junior suite it's not much more expensive
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine M
TWAISSI, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Petra, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your explicit review on tripadvisor.

I have read your comments and feel excited to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The team and I are pleased to know that the hotel facilities and service provided were up to your satisfaction and exceeded your expectations.

We pride ourselves on providing "honest, uncomplicated, comfort" to all our guests and are pleased to hear we achieved our goal. The staff will be very proud to see that they were able to make your stay so great when we share your kind comments with them.

We would be delighted to welcome you should your travel plans bring you again to Petra.

Abedrabo Twaissi

Write a ReviewReviews (3,451)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Yes- a bit expensive- but at the end of long days of walking Petra and climbing to High Point of Sacrifice and wandering down back through Wadi Farasa, it was great to just walk a very short distance to this hotel. I stayed three nights and was lucky to be upgraded. Breakfast buffet included. Staff all welcoming and helpful. I also hired a driver from this hotel to meet me at the airport and drive to Petra via the Dead Sea.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jill_AbuDhabi

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel facilities and services provided met your satisfaction and exceeded your expectation.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mövenpick Resort Petra in the not too distant future assuring you already in advance of our utmost care and attention to your comfort.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the Moevenpick Petra.
Hotel location is perfect! Right next to the entrance to Petra, which is handy seeing as once you have visited Petra, rest assured you will be EXHAUSTED! its nice to know the hotel is just around the corner.

Hotel is a little bit outdated and it could do with a bit of a face lift. But other than that - the service was really good.

Didn't get a chance to relax by the pool area as only stayed here for 2 nights and was in Petra on both days.

Would definitely recommend my friends to stay here mainly due to its ideal location!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank leglobetrotter7
TWAISSI, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Petra, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us; the hotel facilities and services provided met your satisfaction and exceeded your expectation.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

No, we did not stay the night at Movenpick, but that did not mean we could not enter into their Al Maq’aad Bar to relax, unwind and indulge in drink & food after our quest through Petra. The décor at the bar reminded me of the classic Humphrey Bogart film Casa Blanca, except in my reality there were tourists combined with pretentious tourists, instead of expats fleeing Europe or maybe these tourists in Petra were fleeing Europe too.

Well, after waking in the morning to be at the gate entering Petra’s World Heritage site and hiking the whole day, it was a reward and a great treat to go to the Movenpick. After cleaning-up the sweat and smell of our bodies, all we wanted was to relax, eat and drink and Movenpick was able to fulfill all our wants and needs.

The food was great, the drinks were excellent and the staff had been especially friendly. Actually, during my whole trip throughout Jordan, everyone was very friendly to us and we never encountered any problems. I would definitely return to Movenpick again and maybe actually stay the night in their hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for posting your comments on tripadvisor.

I have read your comments and feel excited to know that you have enjoyed your recent visit. The team and I are pleased to know that the hotel facilities, dining options and service provided were up to your satisfaction and exceeded your expectations.

We would be delighted to host you should your travel plans bring you again to Petra.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

May the excitement of finally visiting Petra, or the magic of Jordan, I was enchanted from the moment I stepped in the hotel. Cool and welcoming reception. Kind helpful staff offering cool towels. The room was spacious and the bed extremely comfortable. able. I enjoyed also the dining facilities and found the waiting staff friendly and helpful. The location also is amazing. I only wish I stayed longer or maybe a promise to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

It has been a great pleasure welcoming you to Mövenpick Resort Petra. We thank you for taking your precious time to share your memories on TripAdvisor.

I have read your comments and feel excited to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The team and I are pleased to know that the hotel facilities and services provided were up to your satisfaction and exceeded your expectations.

Moreover it delights us to know that our employees were able to show you our commitment to hospitality.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you should you visit Petra again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel in Petra only because of its location. It is three minutes walk to the Petra visitor center the start of the 30-40 minutes hike into Petra sites. The hotel is dated as can tell from the rooms. Not much choice on food and they are average and very expensive. Service was ok only because of the Filipino staff who pulled up the average. If you are only staying for 1-2 nights and will be in Petra most of the time it's a good place to sleep in. Other than this nothing to brag about this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay on Tripadvisor.

I have taken careful note of your comments and sorry to read that your stay was marred with the mentioned deficiencies.

As your comments are an invaluable source to review our performance and achieve excellent service to our valued guests, I have discussed them with my team in order to avoid such inconveniences to our valued guests and ensure future improvements.

Hopping to have the pleasure of welcoming you should your travel plans bring you back to Petra assuring you already in advance of our utmost care and attention to your comfort.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Writing this review pained me a bit. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, but there were a few things that disappointed - mainly staff that were either incompetent, lazy, or perhaps just kept misunderstanding what I wanted. On arrival we were warmly welcomed - reception had cool towels and a cool drink waiting for us. Made us feel really special. We were escorted to the room where the porter showed us where everything was. Included in the room rate was a free (non-alcoholic) minibar. I opened the fridge and there was two drinks in there. Reported it to reception who were very apologetic. Two hours later nothing. So I called again. Still nothing. Someone from housekeeping came to the room so I explained the issue to them and they rang down to someone. Still nothing. I called Room Service (because that's who housekeeping said were responsible for minibars) - still nothing. Not really a good first impression. I didn't really care (although all I really wanted was a cool drink).

Service at breakfast was friendly and efficient as was service in the central lounge, pool area and roof top bar/restaurant. That said on two occasions I ordered a bottle of water and nothing came.

The security checkpoint at the front was also a bit odd. Sometimes we walked through with our bags while the lady sitting there just smiled as the metal detector beeped. Other times the security guard made us go through a proper screening (ie. scan our bag and take stuff out of pockets). Just a big odd, and concerning if there is a security issue in the area, that it was so inconsistent.

The room was lovely and spacious, pool area nice, and restaurants and roof top bar/restaurant nice.

So overall was a bit disappointed with the little service related things that bugged me.

Stayed: July 2014
TWAISSI, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Petra, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such an explicit review of your recent stay at Mövenpick Resort Petra on Tripadvisor.