“Worth the visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you are in NW Arkansas The daisy Museum is definitely worth the visit to read and see the history of this fine company. The history shows how the company started in Michigan and found its way to Arkansas. We never knew that. Only costs $2 to tour and is well worth the price.

st. louis, missouri
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Got my first Red Ryder!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I visited here after hiking in Hobbes State park. it has moved to downtown Rogers. I was a little underwhelmed at first but used the audio tour and enjoyed this very much. Quite interesting and it was easy to bypass an exhibit if it got more detailed than I cared to listen to. At the end they sell many different Daisy models at excellent discounts : got my Red Ryder for 15.00 ! My husband bought more hi powered models for himself and my son and very very pleased at the prices. Staff is really knowledgable and friendly and the pack up the guns nicely. This was an unplanned tour and we are really glad we did it

Eureka Springs, Arkansas, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Simple But Interesting Too”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a small "museum" but it is interesting. The admission is quite reasonable and the selection of Daisy guns in their gift area is pretty broad. 30 to 45 minutes should be plenty to visit the museum and do some shopping.

Visited August 2013
Kansas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Memories from my childhood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

What a fun little museum. I'm in my 70's and can't remember when brother and I wern't shooting
bb guns. Recognized several of the old guns and still would like to have a pump gun. We all thought they shot better. Still don't know if they really did. Really nice little gift shop and super friendly staff. Learned alot about the history of the bb gun. Would recommend this stop to any age to spend an hour or so.

Visited September 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Old West Was More Than The Colt and The Winchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My sister and I originally came from St. Louis and Poplar Bluff (MO) to visit Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas. A man working at our motel happened to ask, "Have you seen the Daisy Museum in Rogers?" Since my brother owned a BB gun as a child and still loves the movie, Christmas Story, about Ralphie who wants a Red Ryder even though everyone tells him "you'll shoot your eye out, kid", I told my sister, "We've got to go!" That proved to be a very good decision. While the museum is small, it is chock-full of everything you are likely to ever want to know about airguns. A highlight of the visit was meeting Orin Ribar. He saw me gazing through the glass case at some airguns from the 1800s and stopped to give me a lesson in history. Orin said that Napoleon was so rattled by the airgun that he ordered immediate execution for any Austrian soldier captured with one. Unlike other firearms of the day that were easily spotted by the noise and smoke they emitted when discharged, the airgun was stealthily quiet. Plus these guns were very lethal--they were not shooting BBs! Orin pointed out a rare airgun in the case that was doubled barreled and took .44 and .50 caliber bullets. Later Peggy, at the back desk, told me Orin was the one who designed Ralphie's Red Ryder stock with the compass and sundial inset. The Red Ryder originally did not have a compass and sundial, but Shepherd, the author of the original story, insisted he owned one as a child and so three were made to order just for the movie. Of course, when kids saw the movie, they wanted a Red Ryder just like Ralphie's. Demand produced supply and for a short time there was this new Red Ryder model. Even though I have never been a gun owner, I found Orin and the museum definitely peaked my interest in this piece of history. On the way out of the Daisy Museum, plunge your hand into the barrel of BBs. You'll either feel like a kid again or get a terrific metallic massage!

1 Thank DrDoris