“From Horror Story to Excellence”
Review of The Star of India - CLOSED

The Star of India
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Having Walked out of the Thai Restaurant ( see previous review) we decided to go to the Star of India. I was a bit dubious when I saw the place was tucked down an alleyway and didn't look to inviting. My sense of unease was made worse when we walked in and the place was empty apart from one other couple.
Then it all changed the waiter came over greeted us like long lost friends and showed us to our table. took the drinks order and order for Poppadoms and came straight back with them and menu. I had to start mixed Kebab, My father and fiance had Mulligatawney Soup. For mains my Fiance and I had chicken ceylon and special rice, my father had some thing which I wouldn't even try to spell but was a house special with Mushroom rice we had Naans and a portion of Saag Paneer. My one and only complaint would be the Saag Panneer was over cooked however the rest of the food was excellent. The staff were very attentive, Whenever we finished our drink we were offered refills. Overall I was very impressed with the food and the staff. If your in the Wroxham Area please do not be put off by the location or the exterior treat yourself to the good food and great service that the Star of India has to offer.

1  Thank Malcolm110266

Reviewed 18 April 2014

While there is nothing particularly unique about this Indian restaurant the service was prompt and friendly. While I enjoyed my starters my main course, a Masala was too sweet for my taste.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a superb indian restaurant once you are through the door,it doesn't look very inviting from the outside but the quality of the food and service are excellent The very friendly owner who has been there for 21 years and the same chef for most of that time may explain why the food and service are so good. If you are in the Wroxham area visit here, you will not be disappointed if you like indian food.

1  Thank doddek
Reviewed 30 March 2014

A group of five men didn't find much in Wroxham in March until we came upon this gem. From the outside we wondered, but then the welcome and the care and attention given was great.
They take a pride in their menu and enthuse about each dish. Probably the best indian meal I've tasted, and I come from Birmingham!

1  Thank GreenandGoldEngland
Reviewed 21 March 2014

5 * service & 5* food. Just moved to the area & have been twice. Peter is very welcoming & the food is fab & very good value.

1  Thank Bjldrdkd