“A good meal with nice golf ball sized bhajis” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Star of India - CLOSED

The Star of India
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“A good meal with nice golf ball sized bhajis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We visited Wroxhan on Friday and went into the Star of India with friends. The service was good and the curry was also good. For me, the best feature were the golf ball sized bhajis, which are unlike any i have tried before. This was apparently the way they are made in Norfolk, but I like them all the more; good for sharing and also i like golf. I would recommend visiting here and eating the bhajis.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank R_Ol590

Malaga, Spain
“From Horror Story to Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Having Walked out of the Thai Restaurant ( see previous review) we decided to go to the Star of India. I was a bit dubious when I saw the place was tucked down an alleyway and didn't look to inviting. My sense of unease was made worse when we walked in and the place was empty apart from one other couple.
Then it all changed the waiter came over greeted us like long lost friends and showed us to our table. took the drinks order and order for Poppadoms and came straight back with them and menu. I had to start mixed Kebab, My father and fiance had Mulligatawney Soup. For mains my Fiance and I had chicken ceylon and special rice, my father had some thing which I wouldn't even try to spell but was a house special with Mushroom rice we had Naans and a portion of Saag Paneer. My one and only complaint would be the Saag Panneer was over cooked however the rest of the food was excellent. The staff were very attentive, Whenever we finished our drink we were offered refills. Overall I was very impressed with the food and the staff. If your in the Wroxham Area please do not be put off by the location or the exterior treat yourself to the good food and great service that the Star of India has to offer.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Malcolm110266
Bucks
“A little sweet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

While there is nothing particularly unique about this Indian restaurant the service was prompt and friendly. While I enjoyed my starters my main course, a Masala was too sweet for my taste.

Visited April 2014
Hereford, United Kingdom
“"Dont be put off by exterior the food & service is excellent"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a superb indian restaurant once you are through the door,it doesn't look very inviting from the outside but the quality of the food and service are excellent The very friendly owner who has been there for 21 years and the same chef for most of that time may explain why the food and service are so good. If you are in the Wroxham area visit here, you will not be disappointed if you like indian food.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank doddek
England
“A must visit if you are any where nearby”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

A group of five men didn't find much in Wroxham in March until we came upon this gem. From the outside we wondered, but then the welcome and the care and attention given was great.
They take a pride in their menu and enthuse about each dish. Probably the best indian meal I've tasted, and I come from Birmingham!

• Visited March 2014