“Great little getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Royal
Brady Mountain Resort and Marina
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Royal
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great little getaway”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife, daughter, and I just got back from our third stay at the Brady Mountain Resort and Marina. Let me just say that our previous two visits have been excellent hence we wouldn't have come back for a third time. We can't wait to go again for a fourth time after this last visit as well. We have stayed in the same room each time. If you're looking for a great, little get away then this is the place for you. The rooms are nothing fancy, but what do you expect when you are going to the lake and just want the basics? It's always been very clean, and the staff is very friendly. The 3/4 bathroom is small yet nice and clean. The full size bed was perfect for the wife and me. Very comfortable. Our 8 year old loves the pull out bed in the love seat. Our room stayed very cool with the window unit and ceiling fan during our two night stay with outside temperatures in the mid to upper 90's, and they do have digital tv. The pool is very clean with plenty of space to lay out and relax. The boat launch and designated swimming area for Lake Ouachita is easily in walking distance. We don't even own a boat, but love to stay here. We have never stayed in the cabins, but they look really nice. If we wanted all the features of a condo somewhere else in Hot Springs we would have stayed there. In a lot of ways you get what you pay for, but Brady Mountain is perfect for us. The restaurant is only open certain days of the week so we didn't get to eat there this time, but it is medium priced and has good food none the less. I don't know about the trailer park area, but we did meet some moms at the pool that were staying there with their husbands and 4 kids, and they come every year as well. It's just an easy going relaxing time there.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are closer to the pool and furthest from the front parking lot. No phone in...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SnowMan325i

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 25 June 2013

For years we have stayed in the trailers even before new management.....they have always been outdated,abused and barely clean....never found any bugs inside but the furniture looks like old college dorm throw aways....only stayed because in the summer ac is a must for the families and we atleast had a fridge for food and beer and a roof because its gonna rain just amatter of when....since new management has taken over they have updated a little,not much but a little but with that came BIG rate increase,almost priced themselves out of the market cause we are starting to go in town for a hotel room...30 min. Drive but almost worth it...we are here for the lake and that's all folks.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank Jawilkins
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed overnight at the lodge to go fishing, the rooms are out dated but very clean, full sized beds were comfy, and the manager & family was welcoming, kind and overly courteous. They made sure we had everything we needed/wanted. Restaurant was closed but menu looked like it would cater to all tastes, medium priced & the alternative is 20 minutes to town. Striper guide was David Cochran, simply amazing! As a package deal this in unbeatable!! (You get a discount stay for fishing with him, he was worth every dime!)

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Kacey999
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 12 February 2013

When my husband and I booked our honeymoon we were a little skeptical because of some of the previous reviews. Our visit to Brady Mountain was everything that we really needed for a honeymoon - Peace and Quiet! We didn't feel pressed to participate in any extra activities and we were close enough to Hot Springs to get the most out of the city. Our accommodations were clean and well prepared for our stay. It was definitely not a fancy place, but the bed was very comfortable and our towels were cleaned daily. We rented the duplex cabin and had a wonderful time. The restaurant was nothing special, and maybe a bit over priced, but like I said Hot Springs was close enough to where you could get good food without much trouble. We did a guided fishing tour and participated in other activities around the resort area. We also spent a good deal of time exploring the beautiful area. Honestly, if you are looking for something fancy this is not the place to go, but if you are looking for peace and quiet and time to just get to know your spouse or family better this is a wonderful way to do it for a price anyone can afford.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emory L
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed at the campground with my two young sons. I passed by the "resort" and it did not look like a resort. The campground is great though. I made my reservation through www.recreation.gov. The check in process was lame - I had to go in and set my tent up then go back and check in with them. I've stayed at other campsites and never had to do that. When we got there it was pretty nice though. The tent area is across a small parking lot from the RV area which was not bad. THe RV area was completely full and seemed to be pretty poppin.' Lots of families. The beach was clean. The view was amazing. I felt out of place though with all of the RVs and me and my boys alone on the hill in our tent. It was definately more of a "jet ski, fish, drink beer in a boat, let the kids play in the lake" kind of place. If you're looking for an out doorsy experience, quiet experience...not so much.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank missjazzsinger
Louisiana
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My brother and his family had planned a trip to Brady Mountain Resort and invited me and my family to come along. The only cabin that was available close to them was the honeymoon cabin and it was $$$ so we opted to rent one of the trailers. When we walked in the trailer had a musty, closed up smell and was in need of some serious updating. We went to visit with our family in there cabin and after seeing it decided that the Honeymoon cabin might not be a bad choice after all. My husband and I went to the front desk to make the request and had no problem with making the change and the price was cheaper than what I was quoted when I inquired over the phone. We had most of the comforts of home. My son said the sofa couch was uncomfortable, our king size bed was okay. The jacuzzi tub was wonderful after a long day on the lake. There wasn't much of a view off of the back deck, but we had a swing and BBQ grill back there, no mosquitos to bother you. The lake is absolutley beautiful, the water is crystal clear. We rented a ski boat for the two full days we were there and was able to get it at 1/2 price the second day. All in all I definatley would stay here again.

Room Tip: Definately go with a cabin, the trailers in the trailer park aren't very good quality for the pr...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank NaisyD
Lancaster
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed for 5 days at the Bunk House, which is a 3 bedroom fiasco across from the main 'resort' which consists of a row of motor inn quality rooms and a feeble, cafeteria-quality restaurant. Our view was of a parking lot and a road. Our 'resort-quality' accommodations consisted of a dormitory-style abode with 20 year-old shag carpet (stained) and 3 bedrooms that not even a teenager would find decorous. We had basically mattresses slung on box springs on the floor with a plywood dresser whose drawers drop out on your feet. The kitchen, however, is adequately stocked with a fridge/oven/microwave and enough utensils/pots to prepare some food. The bathroom harkens back to the 70's. The ceiling looked as though it was about to collapse, so instead of fixing it, they just nailed up a bunch of 2x4's.

They call it a resort, which, to me, implies service and amenities. Service: a baggie-full of towels slung outside your door every day. There is no room service/cleaning. You start with a 1.5 inch bar of soap, and 1 roll of toilet paper on your first day, and that's it, folks, good luck! The pool is a shameful slab of cement that wouldn't grace the backyard of a slum house.

If you would like to play: 1. foosball, 2. table tennis, or 3. air hockey, you better cough up $3/half-hour for the privilege. Also, you'd better be left handed to play table tennis because they've piled a 5 foot-high tower of stereo speakers right at the baseline.

The 'beach' at the lake was a landfill of rocks and stones. However, the lake itself was warm and clean. We did spend a few days on the lake itself either on a ski-boat or on a party barge. The lake was beautiful and fantastic. I would highly recommend the lake itself as a nice destination, but would not stay in the bunk house, which I affectionately renamed the bunghouse. I wouldn't stay at the cabins either. Just drive in from some other accommodation.

We had other family members who rented the cabins which were of equal quality and disappointment. We paid $150/nt for the bunghouse and my family members, much more for little more.

Room Tip: BunkHouse is a no-go!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Vacationaddict_9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Royal
Country Inn Lake Resort
Staybridge Suites Hot Springs
Staybridge Suites Hot Springs
#7 of 45 in Hot Springs
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hot Springs

Been to Brady Mountain Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!