“Nice place but rustic”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Royal
Brady Mountain Resort and Marina
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Royal
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We have been to Brady Mt twice now and have seen a lot of improvement over the last time in July 2008. Most of the cabins and rooms have been redone. The duplex we stayed in was not and really needed it. It was freshly painted and the king size bed was very comfy. The old, old air conditioner needs replacing since very loud in our bedroom. Pull out couch very thin and dirty so take a blow up bed to go on top and a sheet to cover the couch when setting. It did have a kitchen but no stove. Other cabins we visited were so much better. We ate at diner one time but was awful so made our own meal. Thirty of our family were there and all felt the same about the food. Most of our family have been going there for 30 years, every year for a weeks stay. Hope things will improve so we can continue to go with our grandchildren. It is rustic so don't expect a resort. We are on the lake in our boats most of the time. Jody, the manager was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 July 2010

Don't stay here if your care about your family. This is a slum trailer that is falling apart and is very unhealthy. There was a horrible sewage smell on the deck behind the trailer. The smell was unbearable, the deck was unsafe with nails sticking up and wood that was splintering. In my room I tried to open the closet and it almost fell off, there were nails sticking out of the other door that could have snagged small children. The worst was all the bites from bed bugs from sleeping in my bed. I had about 20 bites per leg. This trailer was probably built in the 1970's and has had little or no up keep. We paid $200.00 a night. We will never stay here again and would recommend you don't if you care about yourself or your family.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Grandma60_2010
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We had a wonderful time. And the Brady Resort was very friendly. The cabin we stayed in was very clean. The Brady Resort had a variety of things to do. We love the outdoors so this was just perfect. I already wish we were back there for more adventure and fun.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank BonnieEnnis_TX
Reviewed 18 May 2010

We stayed for a long weekend with friends and had the best time. Cabins were very nice and clean. We were blown away by how well the cabin was stocked with all necessary utensils and anything you could need to prepare some good food and have a great time. Nice BBQ on the back porch with great views into the peaceful woods. Everything in the cabin was in perfect working condition.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, what more can you ask for?
We had the best time on our getaway with friends. I can recommend it to anybody that is looking for a nice peaceful and fun time. We will definitely come back! ... Max in TX

Reviewed 17 May 2010

Joe D and his staff was absolutly wonderful and took really good care of us. The cabin was very clean, stocked with all you cooking and eating needs, had a great back deck with bbq, took messages and delivered on time, took care of any problems you might encounter in a moments notice. I highly recommend Brady Mountain
Resort to anybody looking for fun activities, things to do and have a wonderful staff to make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 16 May 2010

great cabin with deer in the front yard every morning.......Hats off to Joe D for checking on us and making sure anything we needed was taken care of......( except it was already taken care of so we needed nothing. quiet setting and friendly staff . you couldnt ask for more than cabin K at brady mountain offered.........Gregg in Sachse Texas

Reviewed 29 March 2010

I hadn't read the reviews before I booked the weekend getaway with my boyfriend. I'm glad that I hadn't because I would have never given Brady Mountain Resort a chance. However, my boyfriend and I were very pleased with our stay. Because I waited til the last minute to make reservations, we were forced to get a bigger cabin. I'm very glad that we did. We stayed in Cabin K, and it was very clean and well supplied. It sits on top of a hill, and we felt secluded from the rest of the cabins. There was a very nice large deck in the back. The view of the woods was quite peaceful. It is off season, so the restaurant wasn't open. Nor was the pool. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the restaurant open. Also, they do not sell beverages or snacks on site. They do have riding stables, but we did not partake of that activity. I did look at the pool, and of course it needed a good cleaning. I am hoping to go back with my children during the summer.
I would definitely recommend a stay in Cabin K at Brady Mountain Resort. My boyfriend wants to go back, and bring his whole family!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Royal
Country Inn Lake Resort
The Hotel Hot Springs
#4 of 45 in Hot Springs
Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs
Mountain Harbor Resort & Spa

Been to Brady Mountain Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!