“Very good, eaten here many times.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Umami
Ranked #8 of 99 Restaurants in Russellville
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Russellville, Arkansas
“Very good, eaten here many times.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I enjoy eating at Umami. We generally have dinner here when we're in Russellville, My wife's favorite is their Bang Bang Shrimp and I enjoy their many rolls...probably my favorite is their Crunchy Shrimp Roll. There's been some talk about people getting sick who eat here, but we've honestly eaten here often with no problem at all. They do serve liquor and beer. If I have one complaint, it's they have a pretty weak selection of liquors at their bar.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael W

Russellville, Arkansas
“We got very ill from eating here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were both very ill within an hour of eating at this restaurant. Neither of us ate sushi. It was the sickest I have ever been in my entire life. I thought I was going to die and so did my wife.
Since then we have heard that there are a lot more people who have gotten very ill after eating there.
We are really sad because we loved this place! But, we cannot risk going back there and possibly getting sick again.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank Buddy E
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I just moved to Arkansas from PA and wasn't sure if I'd find a favorite restaurant but I loved this place! Our waitress was super nice and interacted with us. Everything came out in good time and everything was so good! our drinks were always fresh and filled. I left thinking whoa the food was amazing and the people made my experience amazing.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Monikamariaa
Anamosa, Iowa
“STOP HERE! First timer for sushi and LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

My mother and I stopped here after reading the great reviews. It was our first time for sushi. We stopped on a Monday night around 7:00p and were seated right away. It is a smaller restaurant, so the tables are pretty close together. It was clean and smelled excellent.

Even though they were pretty busy, our waitress took the time to give us some "beginner" sushi options. We ordered all four of her suggestions and ALL FOUR were great.

We had about two complete rolls left over (a couple slices from each)... so one roll is very filling. We took the leftovers back to the hotel for the kids to sample. The, too, thought it was excellent (a 10 and 14-year-old).

We had three beers and a coke as well. The total was $50. Well worth the price.

I WISH I could eat here again, um, everyday, but sadly there is not one in Iowa.

Happy travels!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank MikeandCarrie
Clarksville, AR
“Probably the best restaurant in Russellville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I have eaten here twice, once for dinner and once for lunch. My co-workers eat here often during lunch breaks and it seems that they do a good job of getting you in and out at lunch.

Both times we have been here the place was very busy, but we were seated promptly and we got our food on time. They have never seemed rushed, but they seem to be efficient at getting patrons seated and fed. Yesterday, the dining area looked full, but a group of 9 people came in and were seated right away! I was impressed.

You have a choice of eating either at a table, at the sushi bar, or at the back bar. We have sat at the Sushi Bar and in the dining area.

The menu is easy to read, and the food is great! The lunch-time portions seem to be just a big as dinner, but it's about half of the price. I highly recommend the hibachi scallops with fried rice. The scallops are huge and seasoned perfectly! My wife has ordered the hibachi chicken both times and it was cooked to perfection (too many places over-cook chicken, but not here).

This restaurant looks great inside and out! The parking is a little wierd, but it works, and the location is good. It's relatively close to the interstate, and it's easy to get in and out of the parking lot.

If you haven't eaten here, you need to do so. I don't live in Russellville, but we come here a lot for date nights, so I've eaten at just about every restaurant here. I feel like this is the best restaurant in Russellville.

• Visited July 2013