“Food was horrible”

Umami
Ranked #8 of 110 Restaurants in Russellville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Ate lunch and had steak and scallops Hibatchi. The fried rice was old tasting and hard. The scallops were not cooked and the steak was cold. Portion size was incredibly small. This place used to be my favorite but I'll never eat here again. I'll be glad when Wasabi opens!! Also the staff was hurrying us out because it was almost 200pm. The owner didn't even say hi bye or kiss my grits. Talk about rude!

1  Thank Maveriv

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Umami in Russellville, Arkansas is a great restaurant!! The service is outstanding! The house soup is great, don't forget it! The ginger dressing on the salads is out of this world! During lunch, be sure and have the Bento Box. For Dinner, any of the Hibachi items can't be beat!!

1  Thank Anitakayduvall
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I enjoy eating at Umami. We generally have dinner here when we're in Russellville, My wife's favorite is their Bang Bang Shrimp and I enjoy their many rolls...probably my favorite is their Crunchy Shrimp Roll. There's been some talk about people getting sick who eat here, but we've honestly eaten here often with no problem at all. They do serve liquor and beer. If I have one complaint, it's they have a pretty weak selection of liquors at their bar.

1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were both very ill within an hour of eating at this restaurant. Neither of us ate sushi. It was the sickest I have ever been in my entire life. I thought I was going to die and so did my wife.
Since then we have heard that there are a lot more people who have gotten very ill after eating there.
We are really sad because we loved this place! But, we cannot risk going back there and possibly getting sick again.

5  Thank Buddy E
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I just moved to Arkansas from PA and wasn't sure if I'd find a favorite restaurant but I loved this place! Our waitress was super nice and interacted with us. Everything came out in good time and everything was so good! our drinks were always fresh and filled. I left thinking whoa the food was amazing and the people made my experience amazing.

2  Thank Monikamariaa