“Don't miss this haven for BBQ in RussVegas”

Fat Daddy's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #5 of 99 Restaurants in Russellville
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Russellville, Arkansas
“Don't miss this haven for BBQ in RussVegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

When you're a local, you tend to miss things. Well, I missed out on Fat Daddy's up until this past weekend. I'm sure I've had their catering service at some event, but I'd never gotten around to eating at the actual restaurant. Currently they have two locations. The original, which is part of a gas station just off Exit 78, and a new location downtown on North Denver Ave.

The downtown location was packed, so we trekked out to the west end of town to enjoy the original location's fare. I got the pork sandwich platter with potato salad and baked beans. My son got the small portion of ribs with mac and cheese.

I love the spicy sweet nature of their sauce, and the meat was well-smoked and very moist. The potato salad was of a mustard variety - not my favorite kind - but still tasty. Baked beans were very complementary to the BBQ. My son's ribs were so tender, they were hard to eat. They would almost disintegrate while he was trying to eat them. I sampled them and found them very tasty. Mac and cheese was a bit disappointing. It had that look it gets. when you try to reheat mac and cheese.

The sweet tea, served over Sonic-style pellet ice, was some of the best I've ever had. Overall bill was just under 20, which wasn't bad. We will definitely be back.

Just a note, If you are interested in libations to go with your meal - those are only offered at the downtown location at the corner of B street and Denver.

• Visited March 2014

Pikeville, Kentucky
“Awesome BBQ ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I got brisket, Mac n cheese, fries. It was great! I Love the seasoned fries. Great food, neat place. Very convenient to get too and it's connected to a gas station and convenience store. Can't beat that.

Decorah, Iowa
“When in Russellville......!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

You'll enjoy the Bar-b-que very much. Excellent. The atmosphere is very "industrial modern" but all in all, a good experience. You'll love it.

• Visited January 2014
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Don't skip this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Fat Daddy's is a regular stop for us when traveling through on I 40. Their barbecue is tasty , their service is quick and friendly , the servings are generous and the price is very reasonable. If you don't stop you will never know what a great place you missed !

1 Thank RebeccaL230
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick sandwich as we were traveling through. This place has the best BBQ I've had in quite a while. It's quick and the food is really good. All of the sides are terrific too. If you're in the area, you should definitely stop in at Fat Daddy's for a sandwich.

1 Thank ALincoln53