“Very nice for a affordable nights sleep”

Motel 6 Russellville
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Russellville
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Motel 6 is a no frills economy hotel. It's not 4 stars as compared to a full service Marriott, but is as compares to the same type hotel. It was clean, quite, safe, and affordable. I have upcoming travel that will take me past the hotel and I will stop in again for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Transporter104
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Russellville

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I took a road trip to Georgia to California and back. The weather was beautiful the entire trip until I decided to tough out the last leg of the trip and drive 16 hours straight to get back home that day. As soon as I hit Arkansas the weather changed to freezing rain and sleet. The roads quickly backed up with ice and the traffic slowed to a complete stop. After 4.5 hours of stop and go, I decided to ditch my plan of driving straight through and pulled off to get a hotel room. Unfortunately so did everyone else, there were no vacancies in the immediate area. I used my GPS to find other hotels in neighboring towns and I had to drive an icy back road to get to this great hotel. The guy on the phone was so nice and helpful and I was greeted with a smile when I checked in. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stop here again anyday!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

The room was okay until I bumped the tv which caused some cockroaches to spill out on the dresser. Notified the front desk about the problem. I didn't care for the uncarpeted floors which needed to be mopped.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank William S
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Russellville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear William,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The poor housekeeping conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Quite a deal $39/nt for single and $42 double occupancy. It's not far from I-40, nearby restaurants, etc. it is a motel 6 so there won't be many amenities, but it was clean, safe, and quiet. They allow pets and give out free coffee if any of that appeals to you. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelinSuz
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Umm, I can't really say that you get what you pay for because we're travel from las Vegas and you are able to get a very decent room for 50.00. We only needed to shower and nap! Lmfao ... and back on the hwy...my kids and i wiped everything and sprayed the base boards for bugs...just in case_ And we sprayed everything with lysol Damn near choked us all butt no cigarette smell.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Confuzion52
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Russellville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Confuzion52 - We apologize for the cleanliness issues you found in your room. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Mostly normal for a Motel 6.

This location is very close to the highway and I was worried about the noise, but it didn't bother us at all once we were inside our room. I felt safe here and didn't worry about my car at all. The AC/Heater worked great and there was even a mini-fridge in the room. There was no charge for the Internet and it was a very strong connection, which is important to me. There was a pool, but it was closed for the season.

Unfortunately, the shower stall was without a bathtub, which is a minor letdown but the toilet would not flush all the way and that was a bigger problem. There were 2 fruit flies in the room and I also smushed a spider on the wall. The bed was rock hard and super uncomfortable to sleep on. =(

The vinyl floors are terribly dirty and getting rid of the carpet was a bad idea. Hair has collected all over the floor, and the maid must have kept the blankets on the floor while making the bed because there were DOZENS of long, dark hairs all over the blankets and one on the sheets. There was also hair on the towels and in the shower. If the maid does not notice she is leaving DOZENS of hairs all over the room, then she needs to consider wearing a hair net to work. No exaggeration, there were about 60 hairs on the bed!!

This particular night, there was a group of kids partying loudly. A call to the front desk brought an employee right away to confront them. It was difficult to tell what room the party was coming from (noise came through our ventilation system) but he made a good effort and I felt my concern was taken very seriously.

Not sure why people are surprised the sheets are thin and the towels suck. Its an 'economy' chain so cheap but clean is what you get for the lower prices. If you want sheets with a high thread count, there is a Hampton Inn nearby, but over 3 times the price of staying here. I stay at Motel 6 a lot, all over the country and this review is based upon comparison to other motels.

Aside from the hair situation and the kids partying, it was functional for cheap and all of the staff I encountered were very helpful and friendly. (If I had met the hairy maid, I would say otherwise)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Was traveling from Kansas to Georgia and needed a place about midnight. Stopped here and was pleasantly surprised. The man at the night desk was very accomadating allowing me the handicap room when requested. Helped us with the perfect place to park are pickup with trailer. The room was updated and clean and the bed was very comfortable. For this price range this motel was a sure winner. I will look for this motel as a recurring stop on my monthly run to KS and back. Great location with eateries nearby and the rate was fantastic. Even the morning coffee was really good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business