“Great place to Stay”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Russellville
Conroe, United States
“Great place to Stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We arrived late but were checked right in. We had a motorcycle trailer on the back of our SUV, parking was a breeze to find. Our room was perfect and the hotel staff was great. We made a lot of friends in the lobby. Nice experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My sister and I traveled to Russellville for a brief overnight trip and we selected the Hampton Inn based on their excellent room rate and the reviews here on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. The check in and check out processes were handled in a friendly manner by the staff and having been apparently recently renovated, the lobby and our room were well appointed and very clean (although there was a small stain on the carpet in our room # 127). Otherwise, the room was comfortable and quiet and the free breakfast offered multiple selections and was quite delicious. Although I doubt I'll ever be in Russellville again, for those who travel there I can recommend the Hampton Inn unreservedly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Columbia, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very clean, well kept hotel. Excellent staff - Everyone from the cleaning crew to the front desk greeted me with a smile and "Can I help you?" every time we met. Best customer service I have seen in a while. Excellent Manager's Reception

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Orlando, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Excellent location and great customer service. Very close to local restaurants. Rooms are very clean and beds are comfortable. I would recommend this hotel. This is very crazy that I have to write a minimum of 200 characters. Please change it!! Makes me not want to write reviews for you.:)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Semmes, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Hampton in Russellville, Arkansas is getting better each year. I have visited Russellville several times the last 8 years and I always try to get a room at the Hampton. Great rooms (even when renovation is in progress) and we always enjoy the stay. Great Job.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Hurricane, Utah
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We've been staying at this Hampton about once a year for the past 7 years. we've always enjoyed our stay. The Hampton had renovated the rooms since our previous stay and the rooms and public areas looked better than before. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was a bit disappointing the last time we stayed here i thought they had the best Hampton breakfast I'd had. This time it was OK but they did not make biscuits the first two days of our stay (and I love the Hampton biscuits ). There was a different woman running the breakfast on our last day and she had made biscuits. so overall, it was an fair to OK breakfast.
I did leave this as a comment and the manager followed up with me within a day of our getting home, so I'd say management is concerned about their guests having a good time. I expect well stay here next time we are in Russellville.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Several months (a year?) in advance, I reserved a room with two beds using HHonors rewards points. The day before our arrival date, we received a phone message asking if we would like "an upgrade." Since I was satisfied with the type of room I had reserved, I did not return the call. The day of our arrival, I received another phone call asking if we would be interested in "an upgrade" to a room with a king bed. I told the lady that we needed a room with TWO beds. She said "okay" and thanked me. As it turned out, the offered "upgrade" was actually a forced "downgrade."
When we arrived we were told that our room would be a studio room with one king bed and a sofa bed. The manager told me he had stayed late just to talk to me personally to explain that they had overbooked for a pageant and that the room I requested was not available. I find it interesting that he was still there two hours later...this time telling us that the people who were in the room we had reserved refused to leave, and Arkansas law does not allow the hotel to do anything about such guests if they have the means to pay.
The fact that we have a room with only one bed and an extremely uncomfortable sofa bed has pretty much ruined our stay at Russellville. We make a trip here yearly to attend the Petit Jean auto swap meet. In the past we have stayed at the Comfort Inn (which I recommend), but this year we thought we would take advantage of the HHonors rewards points. Apparently customer loyalty means little to this particular Hampton Inn. I wonder if we would have gotten the room we wanted if we had not reserved it as a rewards night.
I'm not sure if they are going to use my HHonors points for this visit or not, since I clearly expressed my disapproval. But regardless of whether my points are used or not, at least one of us (the one who suffers from back pain from sleeping on the sofa bed) will have two sleepless nights.
While we probably will continue to stay at Hampton Inns, we do not plan to stay at the one in Russellville again. If my reserving a room almost a year in advance does not ensure that we get what we requested, then they do not need my business.

Room Tip: Be sure you get the type of room you requested.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tyler R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Russellville, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate the type of room you reserved. Although we strive to accommodate our guest with exact reservations, at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again