“Creative pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Star City, Arkansas
“Creative pizza”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I like that you can have many options for toppings and make it about any way you want it, but for the price, it was okay.

1 Thank Gleered

Tennessee
“Above average food, decent service”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This is decent pizza, above average. We usually order pizza and either a house salad or a Greek salad, both of which are crisp, fresh, and cold, very nice. The pizza selection is large, or you can design your own. Service is almost always friendly, although we have seen a couple of wait staff “going through the motions”, especially when we visit with two or three kids. To be fair, at other times the staff has been very good with the kids, being sure their drinks are filled and their crayon cups have just the right colors.

While the pizza and salads are good, other items are just satisfactory, although not terrible. My meatball sub was a bit on the dry side, and my wife’s appetizer (don’t remember what she had, nachos or something), was completely ordinary. The place is rarely crowded, and we do like it enough that we hope it does enough business to stick around. We will continue to return. The addition of beer and wine is helpful; beer and pizza go very well together!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Bill_In_Memphis
“Definitely not the best.”
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

I've only had Brick Oven twice. The first time was a few years ago, and the experience was bad. Realizing I'd never actually had their pizza, I decided to give it another try. I ordered 2 medium pizzas and a personal sized pizza.
When I got there to pick them up, the place wasn't very busy for a Saturday afternoon. In spite of the lack of other customers, I still had to wait between five and ten minutes for someone to get my pizzas. The lady who went to get them acted like it was a huge inconvenience to bring me the pizzas.
When she rang up my total, I nearly had a stroke. I was being charged nearly $40.00 for the equivalent of a large pizza elsewhere. I'm no stranger to paying more for a great meal. But forba couple pizzas in Russellville, it seemed high. After a couple deep breaths I paid the ticket, knowing that for the price it had to be good.
I took the first bite and was sorely disappointed. It wasn't completely awful, but it wasn't enjoyable, either. In fact, I can honestly say I've had better frozen pizza. Unless, after reading this review, Brick Oven decides to give me free pizza, I probably won't go back again.

2 Thank admslvrsn
Holland, Michigan
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

As a college student very familiar with the Russellville area, I think that this is possibly one of the best places to eat, as long as you like pizza. They have other things besides pizza such as salads and pastas, but I think that their pizza is good. Also a very good spinach dip appetizer. If you fill out the form given to you with your bill, then you can get a free appetizer coupon in the mail to use at a later date if you are going to be in the area again. The prices are not bad and the food is good.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank flounder08
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Very good pizza, and lots of great salads.”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stopped in while traveling through, and we were pleasantly surprised with how good everything was. The portabella mushroom dip was delicious--although it's really not a dip, but more of a bruschetta type spread. The margherita pizza was good, but could have used more tomatoes. The salads were awesome. I would definitely stop by again.