Red Lion Inn - Little Budworth
US$168
US$108
US$97
Priceline
The Swan Tarporley(Tarporley)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$74
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Oaklands Hotel(Weaverham)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoulton parkthe pubcod and chipswalking groupfriendly staff and great foodbeer gardenbowling greenlamb shankwarm open firemince piestwo night staysunday lunchlandladycheshire
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The new landlady has stopped taking Tastecard so my family, friends and myself will not be going back to the Red Lion.
We were regular customers and always enjoyed the food and service provided by the previous landlady We will now be visiting other very good local places that take Tastecard

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I would like to introduce myself my name is andrea spence I am the new landlady of the red lion inn at Little Budworth, I would like to go on to explain my situation with regard to wowcher deals before I do so I would like to state how very sorry I feel for all the inconvenience caused with regard to these deals.

A small country public house business would find it difficult in most cases to sustain such deals, therefore as it stands I was not in a position to offer such deals or indeed honour the previous landladys financial obligations. This was in fact explained to Natalie the previous landlady who should have notified everyone of this as and when she decided in march to leave the red lion.

However if you are looking for a traditional country pub deep in the heart of the Cheshire countryside I am able to offer b/b with superb bedroom accommodation, good homestyle food and great hospitality at a very reasonable rate in the beautiful village of little budworth..

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank cora c
Reviewed 9 July 2013

All the negative comments about the Red Lion are about the previous landlady. I have visited the Red Lion several times since the new landlady Andrea has taken over. The pub now has a wonderful atmosphere and a very caring landlady who is there to see that you have a great time at the Red Lion. She cannot be expected to honor the low cost deals made by the previous landlady the booking were made with a low cost deal site and they should be asking the people who they made the deal with for a refund. Again it is nothing to do with the new landlady Andrea. Andrea has taken over the red lion in a very poor state from the previous landlady and has already made it a place to visit and stay in a charming Cheshire village. Good look Andrea and I hope all the totally unfair comments made about you and the Red Lion are soon forgotten.
I also note people have been giving low ratings for the pub when they have not even stayed there!!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 8 July 2013

me and my wife stayed at the the lion in little budworth, upon arrival we had a nice warm happy welcome by the new land lady Andrea, she showed us to our room which was very clean, a bit later we came down in to the bar where we met the locals which were also very welcoming after a chat with everybody we then had a meal which was out of this world very fresh and home cooked , i especially like the home made chips, we couldnt of had a better night by the time we left in the morning we both felt like we were apart of the village.
what a lovley place with lovley people.
WELL WORTH A VISIT cant wait to go back
thankyou to all at the red lion

Room Tip: rooms are all very quite
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fred b
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My hubby and I booked a rm via Wowcher over 8 months ago we were due to stay there Sun 30th June 2013 for 2 nights but 6 days before my holiday the old land lady rang up to say the new land lady would not honour the booking, i was very angry as I was left with very little time to sort out a new holiday and find the extra cash for a new holiday we did manage to find a new holiday on Groupon but we had to pay more money that we really didn't have. I did feel sorry for the old land lady as she had over 200 people to cancel, I used to work in hotels and this is not how you treat people yes the deal was really too good to be true I doubt they would of covered their costs but you would make money on food and drink now this new land lady has a bad name for herself and I doubt with all the bad reviews going on here she will be able to fill those rms good luck as you are going to need it, THANKS AGAIN FOR CAUSING US STRESS AND NEARLY RUINING OUR HOLIDAY.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple