“Not coming back to Super 8 Searcy” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Searcy

Super 8 Searcy
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Huntsville, Alabama
“Not coming back to Super 8 Searcy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Zero star. My travel to Searcy was to visit my niece at Harding University; we were looking for a CLEAN and reasonable rate for a room. I should have stuck with my gut and booked at the accommodations on campus! At first sight, the hotel overall appeared clean, only to pull down the bed linens to discover a dead bed bug and holey sheets. I immediately called to the front desk (who was in the middle of a shift change) to make them aware of the issue. They were very apologetic, offered to move us to another room of our choice and assured me that management would be in contact with me to "make it right." Since it was later in the evening and I was traveling with my 70+ year old mother, we were reluctant to change hotels altogether. However, I did accept a room on the other side of the building in hopes that the bugs had not infested the entire building. Unfortunately, the new room, while appeared to be bug-free did have holey sheets once again. When I attended the morning breakfast, the same night clerk asked if the new room was any better, as she hurriedly filled her own plate with breakfast items to take back to her work area, and I reluctantly nodded to prevent further conversation. Needless to say, it has been one week to the day from our stay and I have not heard from anyone from the management of Super 8 Searcy. I will not be returning and I will not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
S8Searcy, General Manager at Super 8 Searcy, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
We wish to let you know that your voice is of utmost importance to us, and it means a lot to us to know that you have made an effort to inform us of the things we may need to improve to better our services in total. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and pin pointing the deficiencies you found with regards to the unpleasant bugs on beds & hole in sheet. Rest assured that such matters will be evaluated accordingly and be given prompt actions so that it may be corrected in the best possible way. We use Ecolab for our pest control they took that bug found in room for test but we are happy to says was not bed bug for sure 100%. In Addison I have then go to all my hotel and check for any sign for bed bugs but they couldn't find any sign to have bed bugs in room. I have copy of the report from Ecolab pest company for my loyal guest. I was very happy that you are happy with new room plus bug free. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more and we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.
Please call me any time if you have any question on 501-268-8988.

Best regards,

Gary Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Anoka, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is absolutely the cleanest and friendliest hotel we have stayed in! AND the swimming pool was warm!! The beds were comfortable. Climate control worked well. The breakfast was fresh and very tasty. Our time there was wonderful!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Doug S
S8Searcy, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Searcy, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Doug S.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! Super 8 Searcy takes great pride in our cleanliness and exceptional customer service. It means so much to our whole establishment to hear that we made your stay pleasant and comfortable. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope we will have you again as our guest in the future.
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

The hotel was very clean and nice. Great location with freindly staff. I will not go back though because the cigarette smell the first night was beyond terrible.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

S8Searcy, General Manager at Super 8 Searcy, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing to us your hotel experience. We however apologize for the shortcomings during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests; therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short on some aspects. We have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the smoke smell , we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.