“Always a must for us in Searcy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Whistle Stop BBQ

Whistle Stop BBQ
Ranked #5 of 96 Restaurants in Searcy
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Always a must for us in Searcy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We go every time we are in town! We love the friendly service and especially the fried pies! Servings are generous and the value is great. We sometimes take groups and they have always been very accommodating.

• Visited June 2014

Pekin, Illinois
“Good BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great tasting BBQ. Clean and friendly, but the wait staff seemed more interested in talking to other employees than taking care of customers.

Visited November 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I live less than a mile from Whistle Stop & go there quite often. I would say that their signature dish is the pulled pork plate. The pork is tender & tasty and has a wonderful finishing sauce. Whistle Stop offers a variety of sauces. The brisket is tender but I wish they would scrape more of the fat off prior to serving. Ribs taste fantastic. My only complaint about them is that they seem to be way over cooked. You can't run a knife between the bones without the meat falling apart. I don't care for their slaw as it's mustard based & I've never cared for NC slaw.

I am an amateur BBQ cook & naturally prefer my own BBQ, but when the urge strikes and there's nothing in the smoker, Whistle Stop is my "go to" restaurant for a quick fix.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank BBQ_Nut51
Ohio
“A great find!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We have been to Searcy several times with our Harding student but we only found this restaurant from TripAdvisor. It is beyond school and you just don't drive pass it on the way in but it is worth the look up - and right off Beebe Capps. We had the pulled pork and beef brisket and they were both excellent. We have been on a search for good brisket and this is one of the best we have had! The sauces were great also. For sides we had fries, green beans, fried okra and homemade potato salad and they were all delicious.
There is a lot of fun stuff to look at while waiting for your food. We didn't have to wait too long for the food and there was a constant stream of customers coming and going on a Sat night.
We had read about the fried pies so we decided to order 2 and split them. We got chocolate and apple and they were delicious! Make sure to leave room for the fried pies. There were 5 or 6 kinds and they were sort of like a turnover with a glaze icing on them and best of all, they were served right out of the oven!
They do close at 8 on Sat nights so don't wait too long to go or you might miss out!! We will be stopping in here again on our next stop in Searcy!

• Visited August 2013
Searcy, Arkansas, United States
“Searcy's pulled pork and catfish go-to place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Whistle Stop is where I go for pulled pork in Searcy. The Kansas City BBQ sauce is my fav. I also like their catfish. Their potato salad is to die for. And, on special occasions, I indulge in a fried pie (chocolate, yum). I've also catered a big dinner with them and they do a great job with that, too. Atmosphere is cool with lots of stuff to look at on the walls. They even have an outdoor patio to use during moderate weather.

• Visited July 2013