“Best place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Winnsboro, Louisiana
“Best place to stay”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

WE stayed here for our work .The rooms are very clean. Front desk was very helpful . Bed was very comfortable . next time in town will stay here. love this place. very friendly staff. Break fast was very good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jason b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Warrenton, Missouri
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I booked a room at this hotel after reading the wonderful reviews here at Tripadvisor. We purchased our room (2 double beds) from Expedia (for approximately $60. per night) within a couple days of our trip.

First impressions were good. The manager was very nice. Our room at first glance looked satisfactory... with fairly updated furnishings. Then I noticed the dirty coverlet on one of the beds.. hope the stain was chocolate. The bathroom was small, had a small counter top for holding toiletries. I prefer a larger one, but not a deal breaker for me. The shower stall did not look clean.. it probably could just use a new grouting or a good cleaning. There were enough towels and we were able to get clean ones for our second night. The desk chair should be taken down to the dumpster... it was dirty, torn and leaned to the side. My husband said the bed he slept in was comfortable and he slept well. My bed seemed okay until I actually went to bed and then it was like a sinking ship... I wouldn't have been surprised to have ended up in the floor sometime during the night... it seemed to tilt that much. I'm sure the manager would have gave us a different room had I complained, but it was very late and my husband had already been sleeping for an hour or so at this point. If I hadn't already paid for a second night we'd have moved to a different hotel for the last night of our stay.

The continental breakfast was good for a quick breakfast, no complaints besides the gravy being lukewarm... the kitchen area and tables were very clean and organized.

If I were to visit Searcy again I would opt to pay a bit more for a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lydia G
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here overnight during our road trip from Little Rock back to Chicago. Perhaps I have been spoiled regularly with nice hotels, but for a 2.5 star class hotel, I expected a clean room based on the high Trip Advisor ratings for this and felt duped given what I got. It's definitely not up to 2.5 star class (e.g. Holiday Inn) standards.

First, our bedsheets were not only paper thin and had pen-sized holes in them, but had random black stains that looked like shoe print marks on them that were quite unpleasant. Additionally, the bathroom was very dark with one light, and the shower floor did not look clean and had stains and cracks on the shower ledge and floor area.

The breakfast was very skimpy. There was only 1 banana available in the fruit basket for all guests and no other fruit, and no hot water for tea. The only way to make hot water was to fill a styrofoam cup with cold water and put it in the microwave. Apparently dissolved styrofoam in water is not a concern.

This place is definitely a motel - it's a few single storied long houses of connecting rooms with exterior entrance doors where you drive up to the door. The name M-Star Hotel is deceptive.

The upsides are the in-room microwave and refrigerator and functional heating unit - good basic amenities. I am baffled by how this place has so many high reviews on Trip Advisor unless there is something I have completely missed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank YWu
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I travel a lot and this hotel is perfect for me or anyone who hates all the extra frufru. They give you a clean room, a clean bed, and a nice bathroom all for a great price. They have a very nice staff and are very accommodating. Highly recommend this place if you are like me and just need a nice place to lay your head for a little. May have an older look, but doesn't bother me at all. - WO

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank D0c30
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We needed a place to stay for one night. We chose M-Star because of the good reviews and were not disappointed. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, and pet-friendly. The manager was extremely friendly and nice. He obviously takes pride in providing good service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back section if you like it very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jan41248
Searcy
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We enjoy our solitude,the beds are very comfortable and the family that run it r very accomidating and sweet. treat u as if ur family staying n ther home. If any problems,could use few more towels. but overall will stay there again...soon! god bless & merry christmas

• Stayed December 2013
League City, Texas
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Very friendly staff. Cleanest hotel, great service. Would recommend this location to anyone in the area and will certainly stay here again. I have stayed at large 5-star hotels that were not as well kept and clean as this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo