“Very nice for a good price”

M-Star Hotel Searcy
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed in Searcy AR for about 6 weeks for work. I was very satisfied with the M Star Hotel - housekeeping cleaned the room daily, wireless internet was fast, and the owners offer a laundry service which was very convenient. The weekly rate made the room a great deal, and if I come back to Searcy for work again, this is where I'll stay.

1  Thank Bon M

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here one night for work while passing through. The GM Manish was very nice and welcoming. My next stop was in Jonesboro. Unfortunately there were issues with my hotel in Jonesboro. After that frustrating experience, I decided to call Manish and drive back to Searcy and stay at M-Star again. He took me in on short notice and I was very grateful. Besides the wonderful customer service, the room was relatively clean for the price I was paying. As a seasoned traveler (traveling over 240 days a year) I have seen much worse. I was pleased with my stay and I know I will be giving a call to Manish when I am back in the area for business again.

1  Thank Brian E
Reviewed 24 January 2014

WE stayed here for our work .The rooms are very clean. Front desk was very helpful . Bed was very comfortable . next time in town will stay here. love this place. very friendly staff. Break fast was very good.

1  Thank jason b
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I booked a room at this hotel after reading the wonderful reviews here at Tripadvisor. We purchased our room (2 double beds) from Expedia (for approximately $60. per night) within a couple days of our trip.

First impressions were good. The manager was very nice. Our room at first glance looked satisfactory... with fairly updated furnishings. Then I noticed the dirty coverlet on one of the beds.. hope the stain was chocolate. The bathroom was small, had a small counter top for holding toiletries. I prefer a larger one, but not a deal breaker for me. The shower stall did not look clean.. it probably could just use a new grouting or a good cleaning. There were enough towels and we were able to get clean ones for our second night. The desk chair should be taken down to the dumpster... it was dirty, torn and leaned to the side. My husband said the bed he slept in was comfortable and he slept well. My bed seemed okay until I actually went to bed and then it was like a sinking ship... I wouldn't have been surprised to have ended up in the floor sometime during the night... it seemed to tilt that much. I'm sure the manager would have gave us a different room had I complained, but it was very late and my husband had already been sleeping for an hour or so at this point. If I hadn't already paid for a second night we'd have moved to a different hotel for the last night of our stay.

The continental breakfast was good for a quick breakfast, no complaints besides the gravy being lukewarm... the kitchen area and tables were very clean and organized.

If I were to visit Searcy again I would opt to pay a bit more for a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lydia G
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here overnight during our road trip from Little Rock back to Chicago. Perhaps I have been spoiled regularly with nice hotels, but for a 2.5 star class hotel, I expected a clean room based on the high Trip Advisor ratings for this and felt duped given what I got. It's definitely not up to 2.5 star class (e.g. Holiday Inn) standards.

First, our bedsheets were not only paper thin and had pen-sized holes in them, but had random black stains that looked like shoe print marks on them that were quite unpleasant. Additionally, the bathroom was very dark with one light, and the shower floor did not look clean and had stains and cracks on the shower ledge and floor area.

The breakfast was very skimpy. There was only 1 banana available in the fruit basket for all guests and no other fruit, and no hot water for tea. The only way to make hot water was to fill a styrofoam cup with cold water and put it in the microwave. Apparently dissolved styrofoam in water is not a concern.

This place is definitely a motel - it's a few single storied long houses of connecting rooms with exterior entrance doors where you drive up to the door. The name M-Star Hotel is deceptive.

The upsides are the in-room microwave and refrigerator and functional heating unit - good basic amenities. I am baffled by how this place has so many high reviews on Trip Advisor unless there is something I have completely missed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank YWu
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I travel a lot and this hotel is perfect for me or anyone who hates all the extra frufru. They give you a clean room, a clean bed, and a nice bathroom all for a great price. They have a very nice staff and are very accommodating. Highly recommend this place if you are like me and just need a nice place to lay your head for a little. May have an older look, but doesn't bother me at all. - WO

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank D0c30
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We needed a place to stay for one night. We chose M-Star because of the good reviews and were not disappointed. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, and pet-friendly. The manager was extremely friendly and nice. He obviously takes pride in providing good service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back section if you like it very quiet.