“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Illinois
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 10 May 2010

If you have another choice don't stay here. Rooms were OK and appeared clean. Even though our room was labeled on the door as " Non Smoking" the room still smelled like smoke. The towels in our room were wet. The pool was not open.

Breakfast consists of loaf of bread, doughnut, muffin and cereal, apple juice and coffee. Loud neighbors woke us up from 2-4 in the morning. If I would have paid a lot less I would have expected a lot less.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank isptrader
Kaleish, Regional Director at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Searcy, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you encountered with our hotel. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest with anything less than a perfect experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action to ensure that this does not occur in the future.We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.
Kind Regards
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 8 June 2008

This hotel is in desperate need of some tlc and updates inside and out! The pool was a disgusting mess it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 6 months-the water was green and there was algae growing all over the sides of the pool. Ew! There was trash everywhere in the parking lot and in the bushes around the whole building. The girl at the front desk was very rude she paid more attention to her personal phone call that to us as we were checking in. She looked mad that we had walked in and interuppted her conversation. Now for the inside of the room. Where should I start? We asked for a jacuzzi room with a king size bed. Well, we were given a room with two beds. I can overlook that...not a big deal. What was a big deal was the two inches of dust all over everything in the room. The microwave had a McDonalds box with old chicken nuggets still in it. The jacuzzi tub didn't work not to mention the ring of scum that was all around the sides of the thing and the piece of old soap stuck in the drain. Gross!!! The telephone was sticky, there was profanity written inside the desk drawer, and the people next door to us kept us awake all night long fighting and beating on the wall. A call to report them to the front desk went unanswered. The wash cloths were stained and the sheets looked like they hadn't been changed in ages. They were supposed to be white but were more of a beige color they were so stained. The room smelled like stale cigarettes and old moldy shoes. Our stay here was absolutely horrible! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! We paid over $100.00 for this room and that was in 2006. We complained about this place to the front desk after we had been in the room only 15 minutes and were told that we couldn't get our money back so we just had to tough it out!

• Liked — The Welcome mat at the front door
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mjsb_06

Travellers are raving about these Searcy hotels

Houston TX
Reviewed 18 March 2008

I have never seen such a run down hotel in my life. It was not worth the money or the effort, time, and energy it took to find the place. When I checked in, the girl at the desk was rude, vulgar, and I did not appreciate feeling belittled just because I asked for a non- smoking room. Let's start with the desk clerk. I checked in around 5:30 or so, was tired from my trip, and just wanted to get a shower and relax before my meeting the next day. Well, the clerk, I think her name was Nikki, or something or another, did not greet me, was rude, and frankly acted as though she had better things to do like play on her phone than do her job! Finally, when I get checked in, I get to my room, and oh my God. Half the stuff in the room either didn't work, or reeked of some kind of odor or mildew. The hair dryer wouldn't work, and the tub was nasty. I cleaned it out myself before I'd climb in it. I almost asked for my money back right then and there, but decided to stick it out because I was too tired to load up my luggage again. The brick pillars were covered in mold and mildew, the sheets hadn't been changed in who knows how long, and I mean it was the worst experience I've ever had with a hotel and I do hope that Mr. Kazi, the owner, reads this because something needs to be done, with the hotel, and with the desk clerk. Thank you, and good luck. I'm surprised your hotel even passed the health inspection.

• Liked — It was in the same town as my meeting
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank eshay16