“A wonderful, accomodating family : )”
other travellers have booked this property
verandah dining room
masterbedroom
living room view 1
bedroom 2
bedroom 3
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
palex9361...
Clovis, California
“A wonderful, accomodating family : )”
Reviewed 29 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Christine took excellent care of me before I started my trip, and she was able to answer all my questions and offered plenty of suggestions and direction involving things to do when I arrived. She really helped me decide what I wanted to do.

Anne was waiting for me when I got to the house, and she quickly walked me through everything I needed to know because she knew I was exhausted. Greatly appreciated! I slept 20 hours and needed every second. Throughout my stay Anne was always making her best effort to help me make reservations and anything else I might have needed help with. She's absolutely fantastic!

I wanted to go to the top of the hills on Mahe, and when I told Anne this she suggested that I could hire her younger brother, Louis, to be my guide. I spent a couple of days with Louis and learned a great deal about The Seychelles. He also showed me where the good trail heads were, so I was able to get some excellent fotos from the top of Mahe. Kudos to Louis!

I had to cut my stay short due to a family member falling sick at home. Anne let me know that if, and when, I ever decided to come back she would make certain that I could stay a few extra days without charge. I cannot wait to take her up on that offer! Haa haa!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The proximity of the property in relation to the city of Victoria.
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Ph....,

Thank you for your review. It is not everyday that we welcome american tourist as you can see for yourself you had to travel a very long distance to get to Seychelles. We are glad you chose Seychelles and not the nearby Caribbean like a usual american traveler would do. But above all Both Anne and myself are so happy that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed every moment of your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you again the next time you visit Seychelles.
Sasso Marconi, Italy
Reviewed 24 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Extended Family
20 Nov 2014
Thank you again for your appreciation. You were our very first guest who booked when we first opened in Aug 2012. At that time i did not have a website but you trusted us to make your booking when you had been coming to seychelles before that. Ever since you have keep coming back with all your family.

We must say, on each occasion it was a pleasure to welcome guests like you. We promise that we will strive to keep on delivering better quality service and product each time you come back.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 24 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Travelling group: Friends
20 Nov 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Maarej
Mahe Island, Seychelles
“Everything we wanted but more...”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Although we stayed at Chant d'oiseau only for a single night, the experience was great and the memories will stay with us forever. Christina and Anne did so much to make sure everything went smoothly and with such great hosting, we felt right at home every minute we spent at this lovely guest house.

The house itself was very spacious with a tastefully decorated living room and a very cosy master bedroom. One of the best features of the house was the veranda which runs alongside the living room and master bedroom. It was ideal for a romantic stargaze session in the early hours of the morning. The accommodation was filled with lovely surprises and one of them was the large garden that it had with wonderful tables and chairs set out around it. Unfortunately however, we did not have the time to properly explore it. This was a shame but next time we visit, we will be sure to have a pleasant meal in it.

I was travelling with my partner and the guest house was quite large but still very suitable for couples. I would definitely recommend Chant d'oiseau to groups of any size because of the comfort it provides at a great price and the excellent service that Anne and Christina provide. You will not be let down. I will be sure to be back for a longer stay when the next opportunity presents itself.

Thank you again Christina and Anne!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort and cleanliness of the house was great.
Liked least: Very little to dislike. Maybe the neighbours were a bit noisy but this is not really a problem at all.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
20 Nov 2014
Thank you for your contribution which has certainly been helpful to guest trying to make a choice amongst all those other establishment.

you are most welcome to another stay for a much longer period.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Liked best: Real Seychellois home from home feeling
Liked least: not applicable
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
20 Nov 2014
Thank you for your review which has certainly helped others make a choice. I can see that you really had an awesome 2 weeks stay. you managed to enjoy a lot of the beaches in the south which are more pristine & less visited that those in the north. Albeit the fact that you were living in the north this did stop you from discovering the deeper south of the island.
LondonTou...
London, United Kingdom
“A genuine Seychelles experience”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

I stayed at the Chant D'Oiseau for our week's break in the Seychelles with my husband and three-year old. The villa is very spacious, with a lovely garden of coconut, lemon, and grapefruit trees, in a residential area north of Victoria. The drive isn't too long from the airport. Anne and Elise (the owner, Christina's, Mother), were very welcoming and helpful throughout the stay. My daughter loved playing in the garden, and running everywhere and it's quite safe. You do have to bring mosquito repellent sprays etc if you are prone to being bitten. We found mosquitos a problem wherever we went in Seychelles. As this is in a residential area, we had a more genuine experience than in the more 'santitised' resorts of the big hotels, and was much better value for money. The location was a good base for exploring the rest of Seychelles. Victoria is very close, and the ferry links for trips to other islands. (The parking is hard to find in Victoria, altough STC, the 'good value' supermarket, has a free car park for shoppers). Anne gave us some advice on other options and for shopping. If you want more branded food products (as an Island community there isn't the range) try Dockland or Eden Plaza's new supermarket. Eden Plaza on the new Eden island - next to Victoria - has good clothes shopping/cafes/restaurants.
We used the travel information centre in Victoria to arrange trips to St Anne's Marine Park and Praslin and La Digue.
We hired a car via Anne to get around.
Beau Vallon beach is in easy reach and has good restaurants, as well.
What we liked best - space, privacy and good location. Anne provided some things like water, fruit and juice etc. If you care about coffee there is a coffee maker in the villa but go to Temoljee supermarket (think this is how you spell it) or Dockland (both Victoria) for proper coffee - best, bring some of your own.
What we liked least - we didn't have any milk, or washing up liquid - both would have been good to have when we arrived. We also had some issues with the local car hire - the first car had no gears other than auto. The roads are steep and winding and you need gears. We had to swap the car (after we'd filled the tank full, before we realised!) and pay much more for one with gears. Both cars had lot of mileage on them. Not sure what other car hires firms are like on the island, but something to be aware of.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Excellent location, space and privacy
Liked least: Some more items on arrival would be useful
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
20 Nov 2014
Thank you for your review, It is encouraging to see that you liked the place and managed to make the most of your stay. we have taken note of the necessity for some washing powder which may be handy on a first day.

I trust your your contribution regarding shopping will prove to be helpful as shopping in seychelles is so different from the cities and towns abroad.
michael83...
Kolbermoor, Germany
“Wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Christina's house for four days and we enjoyed really very much. The house was very clean and it is fully equipped, it is furnished with taste, a lillte shop for the daily needs and the bus stop are quite nearby. Anne, the mananger of the property helped us in so many ways, We really had a good time at the Chant d'Oiseua

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The atmopshere of the house
Liked least: - (with the exception of the mosquitos)
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
20 Nov 2014
I took some time to respond but i had promised myself to thank you for your contribution which should help others make a well informed choice. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing