“Great Stay”

Quality Suites
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed 20 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
arkie_11, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Most of the time a Comfort Suites is a Comfort Suites and you know what to expect from the rooms, amenities, etc. However, each location is managed a little differently. This one was managed a little disappointedly.

Our room right off the bat had a faint smell of smoke, not like anyone had smoked in there but perhaps there was a history of smokers staying there.

Next the shower never got hot enough to be comfortable. When I called the front desk the clerk said "when we're slammed like this it's hard to keep up." Go figure that they didn't buy a hot water system designed to get hot water to EVERY room.

Lastly, the breakfast was scheduled to end at 9am. Why not 10 like most other hotels on weekends? But the best part was the "Excuse me patrons but the breakfast is now closing!" announcement from the manager at 8:45. I felt compelled to applaud. I went back for a refill of juice and the machine was already turned off.

The beds were comfortable and we slept well despite the 4 baseball/softball teams staying there. The management was just a little disappointing and unwelcoming.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
arkie_11, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Avance1209
Thank You for your feedback, I have spoke with owner and I think e are going to start the late breakfast idea on the wekends.
Thank You GM Curtis B.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

The following account of our recent stay here is completely factual. There will be no opinion added, though I have one.

When we first arrived, the front desk person was unkept but decent. We didn't have any problem checking in. We drove around to the side entrance to be closer to our room. As we walked up to the door, we noticed a big pile of throw-up next to the door just off the sidewalk and beer cans and alcohol bottles along the wall of the property. When we got inside our room, I called the front desk to make them aware of the problem. Upon examination of the room, the couch had a gross substance on it and the drains in the sink and tub were clogged, so I went down to the front desk to ask him if there was something we could do. He was responsive and gave us the keys to another room. When we left the room to go back to the car, instead of the throw-up being cleaned up, it was simply sprayed with a water hose toward the middle of the parking lot where I still had to walk my family around it to get to my car. And the litter of alcohol bottles and cans remained.

The following day we asked for towels 3 times and never received them. Based on other observations in the hotel, I didn't think I would get them so I went to my brother's room and took his extra.

At breakfast time that morning, I shared my thoughts in a respectful manner about the throw-up incident and the clogged drains with the manager. All he heard was that his front desk man responded to my needs. There was no apology for the inconvenience. It was like he didn't even hear my complaint. I also took this opportunity to let him know that the other side door entrance was littered with trash. I took a pic when we left. He was never touched. Cleanliness is next to Godliness. I stay at dozens of choice hotels each year, but I won't go back to this one when there are other options.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
arkie_11, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank You for taking the time to give feedback, We will strive to do better for our guest and make your stay great.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

We were in town for a college visit, and had planned on staying two nights at the Chancellor Hotel in Fayetteville. We were disastisfied with the hotel, and checked out early (see my review). We found lodging at the Comfort Suites. When checking in, the desk clerk (Robbie?) helped us and when he heard we had a rough night the night before he changed our reservation around a bit such that we had an upstairs room away from any traffic noise.

The room was clean, and we found the beds to be firm and comfortable. The shower was nice in that the shower heads were mounted higher on the wall, so easy to get under. Easy access to the highway, as well as several restaurants. The morning breakfast bar was well stocked and the food decent. Not great, but hey.... it was free.

All in all a good stay, and we will visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs and away from the road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
arkie_11, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank You so much, Your kind words have made our day, we allways want our guest to be happy and comfortable with there stay and value your responce.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Booked this hotel thru a online service. The weather did not cooperate with our travel plans. When I called day of arrival to cancel the last days of my stay due to the weather the manager cancelled the entire reservation refunding the entire balance. A pleasant surprise!

Stayed: February 2013
arkie_11, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank You so much for your kind words, they mean so much to all of us here, they were shared with the entire staff.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

My father and I stayed here. My dad is on disability, he has COPD and can't get around easily. Upon requesting that our room not be too far of a walk we got one right down the hall from the front desk on the first floor. Rooms were spacious and comfortable and were also clean. My only complaint would have to be that the bed was kind of squeaky and the pillows were too small. Also happy with the courteous staff except the guy who checked us in. He looked as if he hated his life.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank You for Your Responce and kind comments,We strive to make you very happy with your stay and the guy who checked you in said he is sorry he did have a medical issue that day and He was trying not to let it affect his performance, We will allways work to better our performance. We appreciate your responce and value your opinion verry much so Thank You.
GM and Staff

Reviewed 7 January 2013

My daughter was going to have a swim meet in Springdale, Arkansas on Saturday, December 1 and 2, 2012. Therefore, I made reservations at the Comfort Suites in Springdale, Arkansas. The week following the swim meet my daughter got very ill and was hospitalized. On Thursday, November 29, I called the hotel from my cell phone and cancelled the reservation, knowing my daughter was not going to attend the swim meet (she was still in the hospital and not going to be released until Saturday. They did provide me with a reservation number but I did not write it down since I was driving.

After receiving my Mastercard bill, I noticed the charge for the room was on my bill. I called the hotel and they said I needed to talk to the manager. I called back and was asked for the cancellation number, I then explained I didn't write it down. I was told by Manager Curtis he would not reimburse me because I didn't have a confirmation number. then he asked me who i had spoken to and I thought I had spoken to a woman. He then told me he has no female employees. I told him I couldn't remember who I spoke to.

After hanging up, I looked at my I-phone and saw thar I had made a call from my I-phone on Thursday, November 29, 2012. I called the hotel back today Monday, January 7, 2013 and spoke to Manager Curtis. He would not reimburse me and was extremely rude. I told him I was going to file this with the Better Business Bureau and asked if he could give me his last name and he said no. I then asked if he could give me his last name and he said no you will have to look it up! In have never been treated so disrepectfully.

Needless to say, I will never stay at the Comfort Suites in Springdale, Arkansas!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
arkie_11, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

This is absolutly fasle, the guest has a reservation arriving on 12-1-12, she did not show or cancel the reservation and she got charged the no show charge. Guest called me on 12-19-12 saying she called the Hotel and cancelled the reservation I asked her if she had a cancelation # and she said no I was driving, I said Ok do you know who you spoke with she said no but it was a lady, I said are you absolutly sure it was a lady she said yes, I then informed her that I do not have any ladies working the Frond Desk now, and then her story changed to well I dont know I say now it was a man, at looking at her reservation I noticed that it was make through a 3rd party reservation center and NOT AT THE HOTEL OR WAS HOTEL CALLED TO MAKE THIS RESERVATION. I explained to her that if you called the Hotel the Hotel told you that we could not do anything with your reaervation You would have to call the agent you make the reservation with, But she just did not care that this was her fauld she just wanted us to fix it, I would not[ I was going to offer her a discound on next stay to help her but she started to threated me] ,and that is where all the threats started, I will slam you online and I am going to call BBB to report you, I told her go ahead if you want to make false claimes on something that was entirelly your fault. So this Lady caused her own problems. Hotel was not the problem on this.
GM Curtis Boyd