“It doesn't get too much better than this”

Holiday Inn Springdale
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Springdale
Orland Park, Illinois
“It doesn't get too much better than this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Excellent room (very clean, great television, wi-fi worked well, bed above normal comfort) and the decor of the hotel itself is beautiful. This location is easy to get to and is close to most attractions you want to see without being burdened by students in Fayetteville. The hotel was very quiet and the breakfast buffet was excellent (it also stays open until 10:00 a.m. which is longer than usual). I would recommend for families and business.

Room Tip: Ask for a south side room for the best view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bulletbob55
RogerDavis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Springdale, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Wow, great review and we thank you for the five star rating!

We strive continuously for improvement and guest’s comments are always welcome.

Thank you for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a car show and it was a nice stay! The food was good! The rooms were clean! The pool was nice! Very Good night sleep! This hotel is 5 stars in my book everything was perfect! I hope to be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jcooper189
Harrison, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family stayed here 4th of July weekend for a baseball tournament. Great staff. Clean rooms. Nice pool area. Pool area was even open until midnight which was great for our boys since we were coming in late from the baseball fields. Excellent breakfast. Walking distance to The Marketplace restaurant. We even had a view of the Naturals game fireworks from the front lawn which was a bonus being there on the 4th. We will be staying here again for sure!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn for a conference in June . The staff could not have been better to my group. From the bar staff Brenda, Ryan at the front desk, and the catering sales manager. They helped us out at the banquet during reception and helped me with my sales table. they went out of their way to add a table at the banquet.
I had just wish the bar area would have stayed open longer. We had a large group and had hoped it would have stayed open at least until 11. Overall a great hotel and the best staff I have encountered in years

1 Thank railroader1
Lowell, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The 2014 Convention of the National Railway Historical Society (NRHS) took place at this hotel in June 2014. I found the staff to be very helpful for our local NRHS chapter that had railroad-related programs on five evenings.We also made other requests (for example hanging a banner ) and the staff were quick to comply.
If one were planning a Springdale (or Northwest Arkansas ) event I would certainly suggest this facility be included in any short list. I was also favorably impressed with the food at the banquet on Friday evening.
I am alocal so I cannot comment on rooms or the restaurant.

Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I wanted to commend Cindy and Cheryl at the Holiday Inn with Event Services. The hotel event ran out of food. They were able to keep everything/everyone calm in a chaotic situation! They got the food situation taken care of and remained professional and courteous throughout. We really appreciated there exemplary service and wanted to commend them on a job well done. They are two assets to your company. This was for a business event that was held at the hotel during Walmart Shareholders. THANK YOU Cindy and Cheryl!

Cabot, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I made a reservation (nonrefundable $358.64) at Holiday Inn, Springdale for 9/28 – 9/30 of 2012 via IHG (Holiday Inn’s rewards club) in order to attend the “Bikes, Blues and BBQ” motorcycle rally. Unfortunately I was not able to attend and requested my reservation be moved to the following year for the same bike rally. The reservation manager at the Holiday Inn was very helpful and move my reservation.
The motorcycle rally date was moved, months before my finding out. When I called IHG to move my reservation, the hotel was already booked up. I booked in another Holliday Inn (Northwest Arkansas Hotel and Convention Center) in the area and was assured my non refunded payment would be applied to my new reservation.
When I arrived at Holliday Inn Convention Center I was presented with a full bill. When I queried about my transferred credit nobody knew anything about it. The next day I called IHG and asked about the status of my $358. I was told that Holiday Inn, Springdale held the money and did not have to forward it to the Holiday Inn Convention Center.
My $358 dollars bought me an education
1. IHG will tell you anything you want or need to hear to close the deal
2. IHG has no sway, control or authority over individual owned hotels
3. Individually owned Holliday Inns will not “do the right thing” if you are not staying at their hotel. Holliday Inn Springdale had my money and they needed to do nothing in order to keep it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
RogerDavis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Springdale, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I apologize for your concerns in this matter but I believe you may have the names of the hotels incorrectly listed.

Records show that your discounted non-cancellable, non-refundable and non- changeable IHG reservation was made 3 years ago at another Holiday Inn (not our hotel and not affiliated with our hotel)

These highly discounted advance deposit rates, besides being non-cancellable, are not transferable from one hotel to another and we would have no knowledge of any of your arrangements with them.

You stayed at our hotel (Thank You!) and were charged as per your reservation with us.

If your travel plans can change without notice we offer our non-discounted Best Flex rate which you can usually cancel, modify or change at any time until 6 pm day of arrival with absolutely no penalties.

Hope to see you soon,