“An Enjoyable Experience”

Days Inn Texarkana
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Texarkana
“An Enjoyable Experience”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice, quiet area. Comfortable king size bed. Digital TV on wall. Clean sheets, pillow cases and lots of towels. Microwave and mini-refrigerator in each room. Face bowl in separate area from bathroom. A/C and heating unit simple to use and performs excellent.

Room Tip: A regular size room is cheaper and comes with a king size bed and the amenities listed in the review...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Nick P, Manager at Days Inn Texarkana, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Agra
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The room was clean, our bed was comfy. Our stay overnight was great and relaxing. I would stay again. They had a decent breakfast. It was refreshing to get a clean room on a weeks vacation we took, and got 2 dirty rooms in different towns. Thank you. Look forward to comming back.

• Stayed August 2014
Nick P, Manager at Days Inn Texarkana, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank for your kind words. We hope to see you again!
HUNTSVILLE
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had booked this room expecting an accessible room. There were no curb cut downs from the parking lot. There was a step going into the room. Grab bars around the tub were woefully inadequate. The room was so small it was difficult to maneuver my wheelchair around. Most of the outlets in the room were nonoperational, which made charging my wheelchair a real challenge! The clerk on duty didn't seem to give a hoot about us, or any other guests.
We did notice that there was another accessible room with a nicely marked ramp from the parking lot, and a ramp leading inside. That was a smoking room. Do we need to be smokers to get an accessible room that works? I should hope not! Getting into the office/breakfast area was also impossible. There was no cut down in front of the office, and huge potted plants blocked the walkway on both sides, prohibiting wheelchair transit. There was also a small step into the office. I am VERY glad I wasn't traveling alone! Instead of the free breakfast (how would I get inside), we opted to to the Subway across the parking lot.
As Gold Wyndham members, we have come to expect better from Wyndham properties. I even called ahead to be sure we had the accessibility we require. I guess now among the questions i need to ask is whether there is a ramp to the room, and whether the office is accessible. This one surely wasn't!

Room Tip: If one needs wheelchair accessibility, go to another hotel! I couldn't get into the office!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JANETM45

Travellers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

Clemmons, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Older facility but well maintained and clean. Beds very comfortable. Bath facilities clean. Waffles, toast, cereal, coffee, apple and orange juice for breakfast. Attendants pleasant and helpful. Enjoyable stop and located convenient to a variety of eateries and Walmart.

Stayed July 2014
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

It's in the middle of EVERYTHING !! Wal*Mart, eating, Coffee shops, clean, rommie, quite, nice folks running it. walking to everything. Main hwy just maybe 1/4 mile north..Clean Swimming pool.
Texas on one side and AR on the other, a few steeps and you go from state to state..

I have stayed for 3 days now and will come again..

Room Tip: you will enjoy your stay..
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
New Mills, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Rude manageress,advertises weekly rates then argues she cannot afford to let rooms at that price.hot breakfast consists of toast,on my last day I asked for bread for my wife and I she offered me two crusts claiming it was all she had.room was serviced once in my weeks stay as she claimed I had not paid enough for servicing.
Always talking on cell 'phone in an Indian dialect and puts her hand up to silence guests if they dare to interrupt for queries.
The electrics in my room were faulty and lights flickered,wall socket shot out blue flame when I plugged in to it. When I complained I was told the electricians in Texarkana were on vacation that week.
No refund allowed on weeks payment so I had no choice but to complete stay

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Norman B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Comfort Suites Texarkana
Baymont Inn & Suites Texarkana
Regency Inn & Suites
Regency Inn & Suites
#7 of 17 in Texarkana

Been to Days Inn Texarkana? Share your experiences!