“Don't ever stay here”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Texarkana
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Don't ever stay here”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The sign blinks 39.99, but cost us 53. Checked in at 3 am, left came back around 9 pm and couldn't get into room. Had to pay another 53. No carpet in rooms, no hit water at sink and some in the shower. No books, iron or refrigerator. The room really had no amenities. The shot to hang clothes was also inadequate. A hook on the wall that faces out instead of in. I did not feel safe at all had it not been for the fact that my husband was with me. There was a lot of shady characters staying and around the hotel. The ad a man camped out in the parking lot adjacent to the hotel. The room itself was smelled of cigarettes smoke. The sign says no smoking room and the air conditioner ran very loud.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Ramada up the street is way better.
Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Linda G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Checked in at 11pm and walked past several shady characters on the way to our room. Our NON smoking room had an ashtray full of cigarettes, a used razor on the counter, and the beds were pulled away from the walls and were in the middle of the room. No bags in trash cans and obviously the room was not cleaned from the previous guests.

Back to the lobby, assigned a different room on the opposite side of the hotel. Moved car away from the four people hanging out and partying in the parking lot to the other side. Opened the door with the card key and the door stopped on the chain. THE ROOM WAS OCCUPIED and the couple in one of the beds was quite disturbed! Staff was superficially apologetic and seemed insincere.

Twice burned, we gave up and went to the Ambassador Inn up the road. Saved $3 and at least had a clean room.

Room Tip: Avoid this place, there are so many other options.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Friday_Wyrd

Travellers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I don't know about you, but I've become accustomed to breathing. I don't know what the smell was (smoke, paint, varnish, toxic chemicals...) but I'm sure my health declined over night. A room change did not help. Along with questionable activity in the parking lot despite pouring down rain which started to fill the closed pool. Also thought the guest above me may come crashing through the ceiling at any time due to the extreme noise said guest made by walking around. I actually tried to review this place in my car after check out to spare anyone from having a similar experience

Room Tip: not sure there are any--i was in 2 different rooms on opposite ends of the building and both had sam...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jpka
Andy P, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Texarkana, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Hello Jpka, thank you for leaving us some feedback on TripAdvisor. First off let me say from our whole team, we are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Further, our rooms and hotel have been completely upgraded and are less than a year old. I would like to apologize that they were not to your liking. Please give us a call for any questions or concerns.
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

On our way back to Michigan from Houston and stopped for a cheap nights stay. What a stay it was. We were put in a Non Smoking room where it smelled like someone has been smoking for years even though the motel is said to be " freshly remodeled" Are you kidding me. Went to dinner and came back and got in bed, when my wife said " the bed is wet". Sure enough, someone had URINATED IN THE BED, YUCK!!!!! I would expect to get my money back but only got a move to another room. I would never stay here again or recommend this motel to anyone!!!! PERIOD.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank markchristy
Hello markchristy, first and foremost I am very sorry you had a less than great experience at our hotel. It is true we are currently in the process of remodeling the property. Furthermore, I have spoken to our housekeeping staff and ensured that no other guests are discouraged as you were. Please accept our apologies.
Okahumpka, Florida, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I was placed in a room I stayed in a yr or so ago, and got really sick from breathing the air in this room, we were moved once a lady worker realized how bad it was with the smell and breathing it in was. Now I got told today I needed to kick my dogs out on the street or all of us would be.. for a place that no longer accepts pets there are multiple ppl with pets here..these are my kids, I can't have any kids, so these are my babies that help with my depression. And now this is being ripped away from me.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria V
Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This place needs a Caterpiller excavator and a fleet of dump trucks to haul it away. The atrocities of this place were disturbing to say the least. Bed bugs. Smelled like a jar full of weekold farts. Bathrooms falling apart and leaking. I think my chickens sleep in a nicer coop. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: None available
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Brian R
Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed 18 July 2010

My wife and I were returning from Ft Worth to MS. And stopped for the night to rest. We were just looking for something cheap and well I guess you get what you pay for. I'm not going all into detail, but I wouldn't let a stray, mangy dog stay in one of those room.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank j38949
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
Regency Inn & Suites
#7 of 17 in Texarkana
Hampton Inn Texarkana Arkansas
TownePlace Suites Texarkana

Been to Motel 6 Texarkana? Share your experiences!