“Excellent overnight stay”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Texarkana
Conroe, Texas
“Excellent overnight stay”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Our stay was Nov. 2013. The room was big, clean and comfortable. The bed and pillows were wonderful and so comfortable. The bathroom was very clean.

The staff was accommodating on arrival and leaving. Mr. Davis, the owner, was at the checkout greeting guests in the morning when we left. Never had that happen before. On arrival we got food from the attached Mexican Restaurant which was getting ready to close. They did not hurry us in making food decisions and it was prepared perfectly. We did choose to eat in our room as we were quite tired from a day of driving. The only negative we could find was the morning breakfast. Very disappointing. Eggs were soupy. Wish I had made a waffle. The best thing was the orange juice. Once again the staff were accommodating in the restaurant.

We would stay there again, and will if we pass through Texarkana, AR.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Clarion Lacrosse for two nights on my way to Diamond Crater National Park thinking it had everything I wanted. It did have an indoor pool and hot tub, but the water was stale and the pool water was green. It could be they painted the pool floor green, I am not sure. They did have a Mexican restaurant and room service (only Mexican food, no hamburgers, salads). The breakfast was not very appetizing. I ate at the Mexican restaurant both nights just to see if I was being too picky. It was very average. The staff was extra friendly, but no one was doing any more than they had to, and it shows in the poor maintenance inside and out. My room was a regular room at the very end of the hallway, as far as you could get from the elevator, next to the vending machines and stairs. Why?

The emergency direction sign was on the floor by the elevator the two days I was there and I mentioned it to the maintenance man, but it was still on the floor when I left. The elevator floor and carpets were dirty and I mentioned it to the front desk. They have plenty of staff, but the manager is responsible for walking the property, and making sure it is up to the certain standards, including getting his feet wet in the hot tub or pool him/herself.

I cannot recommend this hotel at this time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank nelllang507

Travellers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

Midland, Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Horrible. Would not recommend unless you want to be in a smoke & cockroach infested hotel. We nicknamed the hotel "scarion" as it was scary.
Seems to be a hotel that in its prime was probably quite nice but it has been allowed to become very run down. To be honest I was worried for our safety. Many drunk people wandering the hotel
And the smell of smoke and possibly other substances could knock you down in the hallways.
We awoke in the middle of the night and saw cockroaches scatter.

I was ready to leave

Redeeming factor if any: the kids did enjoy the arcade games, ping pong and there was a large pool and hot tub indoor.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank lessmith
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed in September 2013 and found the hotel to be very nice. It is an older hotel but it is obvious that it has been updated. Room was great!!! And it had a nice Mexican restaurant attached (I ate there twice and enjoyed my meals). The only improvement suggestion I would make is in the fitness facility. The equipment needs upgrading as I found the cardio equipment worn and in need of replacement.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over Labor Day weekend and had a great time with my family. The pool and hot tub was just what the doctor ordered. Rooms smelled fresh and very clean. We enjoyed the breakfast with a good selection. Staff was great and very helpful. This place is great escape for Dallas and only less then three hours drive.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Wow! I was very impressed with the hotel. The hotel had all the immenities you could ask for even those you would find at pricier hotels. The staff was friendly. I am a stickler for comfy beds and pillows. Oh my goodness! These beds were so comfortable. I will definately stay here again. I was even impressed that the hotel was pet friendly but still so very clean. We didn't have our small dog with us this time, but won't hesitate next time knowing they don't mind pets.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We were there for 2 nights, a great nights sleep ! For an older hotel it is very well maintained,the rooms are clean and bed was very comfortable. The front desk clerk, cleaning staff, the lady who was keeping the breakfast are stocked and clean - everyone was polite with smiled and never seemed to mind helping us out if we had a question. Continental breakfast was good and the indoor pool is GREAT!! We are seriously considering using this hotel again when we return to Texarkana

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Best Western Plus Texarkana Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Texarkana Arkansas Convention Center
Regency Inn & Suites
Regency Inn & Suites
#7 of 17 in Texarkana

Been to Knights Inn Texarkana? Share your experiences!