“Friendly staff, less than clean hotel though”

Knights Inn Texarkana
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Texarkana
Berea, Ohio
“Friendly staff, less than clean hotel though”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Front desk crew was very professional and friendly. They took care of getting me hypoallergenic pillows in a flash and were all cheerful and courteous. However the hotel itself was somewhat dirty. The walls, elevators, corners, tops of furniture, trim, bathroom trim, shelf where extra toilet paper is stored were all filthy. The comment card,in-room information notebook were dried liquid stained. The little sign easels were splashed with dry coffee/beverages. Lots of corners cut in the cleaning. The bathroom was clean but there were some ill attempts to repair seams with caulking, sliding glass door was filthy and the AC unit could have used a good wipe-down. The bed was comfortable but the outlets behind the bed were loose and the bedskirt was partly pulled off the bed at the end and looked sloppy. No breakfast, had to purchase from the restaurant next door which was not at all convenient for my business trip. I expected a little more from Clarion being a choice platinum member and staying in many other Choice hotels just this year, alone. I noticed several handicapped guests coming and going during my stay and the dirty surroundings are even more an issue, I think, for those that cannot do a much about it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have been travelling more than usual in last couple of weeks. Here are some of my observations:

Clarion Hotel Texarkana is an older property with sound structure. But it seems they have day to day challenge on making hotel operate as it should. Rooms are not clean, front desk needs training and corridors smell like sewer.

My room was in the second floor facing the courtyard area. Not a good location if you are looking for a good night sleep. I had to have too many cups of coffee for my Wednesday appointment. Wednesday afternoon I moved to a brand new hotel with much lower rate.

Another customer in the lobby told me first floor rooms are better and cleaner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel although not what I expected from Clarion.

Room one had towel bars falling out of the walls & I found a roach in the sink( Pam roach). Asked to be moved.

Room two was nice enough but the phone did not work. When I woke up in the morning, guess what? A roach in the bathroom.

I do believe they have a roach problem.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

Mahomet, Illinois
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel in March 2014. I passed over a Comfort Inn because I mistakenly thought that Clarion was top of the food chain at Choice hotels. This hotel was more on par with the Econolodge. The hotel was very old and out of date. This apparently was a party hotel. There was a crowd outside our door for the better part of the evening. I finally called the front desk around 2am but never heard anyone addressing the issue as it remained untill after 4am.
We also had issues at the hotel restaurant with the service. I have never in my 50+ years not tipped a waitress at least something, but I guess there is always that first time.
When I checked out in the morning, I was waiting for the "how was your stay", but never got it. I would have gladly shared at that time, had anyone been concerned. I will have to give kudos to the young man who checked us in. He was the only pleasant thing about this trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Our stay was Nov. 2013. The room was big, clean and comfortable. The bed and pillows were wonderful and so comfortable. The bathroom was very clean.

The staff was accommodating on arrival and leaving. Mr. Davis, the owner, was at the checkout greeting guests in the morning when we left. Never had that happen before. On arrival we got food from the attached Mexican Restaurant which was getting ready to close. They did not hurry us in making food decisions and it was prepared perfectly. We did choose to eat in our room as we were quite tired from a day of driving. The only negative we could find was the morning breakfast. Very disappointing. Eggs were soupy. Wish I had made a waffle. The best thing was the orange juice. Once again the staff were accommodating in the restaurant.

We would stay there again, and will if we pass through Texarkana, AR.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Clarion Lacrosse for two nights on my way to Diamond Crater National Park thinking it had everything I wanted. It did have an indoor pool and hot tub, but the water was stale and the pool water was green. It could be they painted the pool floor green, I am not sure. They did have a Mexican restaurant and room service (only Mexican food, no hamburgers, salads). The breakfast was not very appetizing. I ate at the Mexican restaurant both nights just to see if I was being too picky. It was very average. The staff was extra friendly, but no one was doing any more than they had to, and it shows in the poor maintenance inside and out. My room was a regular room at the very end of the hallway, as far as you could get from the elevator, next to the vending machines and stairs. Why?

The emergency direction sign was on the floor by the elevator the two days I was there and I mentioned it to the maintenance man, but it was still on the floor when I left. The elevator floor and carpets were dirty and I mentioned it to the front desk. They have plenty of staff, but the manager is responsible for walking the property, and making sure it is up to the certain standards, including getting his feet wet in the hot tub or pool him/herself.

I cannot recommend this hotel at this time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank nelllang507
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Horrible. Would not recommend unless you want to be in a smoke & cockroach infested hotel. We nicknamed the hotel "scarion" as it was scary.
Seems to be a hotel that in its prime was probably quite nice but it has been allowed to become very run down. To be honest I was worried for our safety. Many drunk people wandering the hotel
And the smell of smoke and possibly other substances could knock you down in the hallways.
We awoke in the middle of the night and saw cockroaches scatter.

I was ready to leave

Redeeming factor if any: the kids did enjoy the arcade games, ping pong and there was a large pool and hot tub indoor.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank lessmith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Best Western Plus Texarkana Inn & Suites
#5 of 17 in Texarkana
Candlewood Suites Texarkana
Candlewood Suites Texarkana
#9 of 19 in Texarkana

Been to Knights Inn Texarkana? Share your experiences!