We enjoyed this mountain lodge below 17,000 ft. Mt. Kenya for its wildlife and rustic ambiance, although the facility itself could use some sprucing up. The food and service were very good. Six of our small group used the lodge as a base for a trek part-way up Mt. Kenya (10,000 to about 11, 700 ft.) which was amazing for the flora, birds and views until the rain hit. The road to 10,000 ft. was wild. If you are not hiking up the peak with a guide, probably one night here is enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at 2,194 metres on the slopes of Mount Kenya, Serena Mountain Lodge is surrounded by a dense rainforest that comes alive at dusk with a myriad of sounds that make the African bush so special and exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Serena Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Mountain Hotel Mount Kenya National Park
- Serena Mountain Lodge Kenya/Mount Kenya National Park