We wondered why this was on our itinerary as it had been raining there for a week. But when we arrived the sun came out and we had a lovely, peaceful afternoon. Our room was compact but comfortable and we loved the balcony overlooking the water hole. We saw lots of water and bush bucks, gazelles, a buffalo, wart hogs and a couple of hyena and a heron at night. We had lunch, dinner and breakfast here and all were very good indeed. The staff were all efficient and friendly, we enjoyed the slide show talk in the evening and the wifi worked well. So it made an excellent stop between Samburu and Nakuru.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at 2,194 metres on the slopes of Mount Kenya, Serena Mountain Lodge is surrounded by a dense rainforest that comes alive at dusk with a myriad of sounds that make the African bush so special and exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Jovago.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Serena Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Mountain Hotel Mount Kenya National Park
- Serena Mountain Lodge Kenya/Mount Kenya National Park