Arrived here after two nights in Samburu which was hot. Very green with a light mist in the air and considerably colder. Walked up from the car park and once you are in the hotel you can't walk around - there are no grounds/gardens. The rooms are small but cosy with a balcony overlooking the waterhole. The bathroom is compact but the shower was really powerful. We spent the afternoon sitting in the public viewing gallery catching up on wifi, watching the waterhole and ordering drinks from the bar. After the rush of two days on safari in the Samburu this suited us. I ordered a coffee and a monkey came down and pinched my sugar. Hotel was very very quieted as was most of kenya. There was no buffet but a menu to order from. Food was good and restaurant staff were very attentive. You were asked which animals you would like to be woken for - we opted for elephants. At 2.30 am there was a knock at the door and you went out on your own balcony so you didn't need to see anyone else. I was expecting one or two elephants but no I counted 32 in total. They stayed for ages. Yes the hotel might look a bit dated but it's the experience you are there for. Free wifi as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at 2,194 metres on the slopes of Mount Kenya, Serena Mountain Lodge is surrounded by a dense rainforest that comes alive at dusk with a myriad of sounds that make the African bush so special and exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Serena Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Mountain Hotel Mount Kenya National Park
- Serena Mountain Lodge Kenya/Mount Kenya National Park