“A little piece of Heaven!”

Simonstown Guest House
Ranked #3 of 29 Simon's Town B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A little piece of Heaven!”
Reviewed 3 November 2010

my wife and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary the 31st October 2010. I wanted to surprise her with something special as that is what she is to me. My sister in law helped me locate a bed and breakfast and i just fell inlove with Simonstown Guest House. the pictures looked great, so i immediately booked. the place was by far the most exquisite place i ever came across. the room was stunning, the view was WOW, the service was exceptional and the food was delicious. we stayed in the honeymoom suite, OMG... the best room! Laying in bed or eventhe bath, we had the view of the ocean, like our own personal lagoon. my wife and i has a fabulous time, all thanks to my sister in law for making it all possible and ofcourse the guest house. The best by Far!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
MINNEAPOL
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Amanda was the perfect hostess, we really didn't know what we wanted to do other than see the penguins which was great by the way, so she gave us a bunch of suggestions and once we picked she made arrangements and helped plan each day for us. Over all our stay there was great!!!
Kim

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I remember much of my trip to Simo´s Town,South Africa, the truth has been one of the best trips I was maked in my life!!!...

I fall in love with your place!!!... Everything was amazing !!!..., the excellent room, the view, excellent attention makes you feel at home!!!...

I intend to return very soon I see the possibility to be on vacation the end of the year, I would like see when whales are there,and i will like to diving with the white sharks again

I send many greetings from ""Mexico!!!!...""

CARLOS GARDUNO.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gardunosky
Simonstown1, Owner at Simonstown Guest House, responded to this review, 20 October 2010
Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the fabulous review. It was an absolute pleasure having you here and we would warmly welcome you anytime again.

The best time to see the whales will be August - October. We are still watching them from our balcony now in October but only every second day or so now. We were lucky enough to still see a whale in front of our place on the 26th of December, 2009 but that isn't very common.

Send me an email when have plans to return.

All the best,
Amanda
Australia
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Can highly recommend this guest house for an overnight when visiting Kalk Bay, Simonstown, or the Cape of Good Hope. Really beautiful modern home, tastefully decorated in great photos and African crafts, with a beautiful view out to False Bay and top quality bed and bathroom. It is just outside Simonstown but it was a very short drive into town for dinner at a choice of restaurants.

Breakfast could be improved with fresh mushrooms and some homemade jams and breads and pastries, given the awesome sweet shop/bakery a 5min drive away, but we have high breakfast standards after visiting B&Bs for 3 months!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 25 September 2010

It's a beautiful guesthouse, with all the accomodation you need, very clean and lots of space in the room. The seaview is wonderful when you wake up and you can see the sunrise and the whales breaching now. Amanda is very friendly, helpfull, and all your wishes you just have to tell her and she does the best she can. Breakfast is very delicious, right on the time you prefer and everything you need to make a satisfied start of the day !

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I had a wonderfull time staying here. The people were very friendly and helpfull to me. They did went out of their way to make my stay with them a very enjoyable experience. The room I was staying in was magnificent. I had modern decor in my room with a simply stunning sea view. Breakfast was a lot of nice food. The guest house is in a beautifull part of South africa. I certainly can recommend the guest house, and felt that I have received great value for my money

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
GOSFORD
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I wanted to stay in this area as I had heard the whales were in the bay in September, what a treat I had. I also wanted to see birds in the general area and Amanda and Steve gave me heaps of places to visit and all were very near and I also felt very safe, especially travelling around on my own.
The guesthouse itself is spectacular and the service and breakfast exceptional. I had a choice of cooked food or cold healthy fruits, cereals & yoghurt, whatever I wanted they went out of their way to please.
The decor is traditional African theme and the bed was so comfy that I could have stayed more than my 10 days.
I wouldn't hesitate referring this beautiful guesthouse to any of my friends.
Thanks again, Lorraine Murphy