“Best stay in a geusthouse ever”

Simonstown Guest House
Ranked #3 of 29 Simon's Town B&B and Inns
Volksrust
“Best stay in a geusthouse ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2010

Simonstown guesthouse is the perfect "base camp" for a tour of the Western Cape. The location is perfect to visit every place of importance in the area. I'ts a lovely guesthouse with a great host and the personal attention was great. Here you are your in control and it realy feels if your at your own home.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2010

We selected Simonstown to stay as it was on the peninsular and then chose Simonstown Guest House.All too easy from the 1st email I sent (the response came back within an hour) The rooms were stylish, big with amazing scenery.The guest lounge was welcoming and the staff, Wonderful(his real name!) was just that.The choice of where to have breakfast was also a plus. Amanda was very friendly -as aussies are-and so helpful with hiring a car/driver and local knowledge.She sent us to some amazing resturants and places to see.Steve did forward bookings for us at a game reserve. We came away with great memories of that area.One last point, Amanda certainly does know how to run a guest house.

Joburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

We greatly enjoyed our stay at Simonstown Guesthouse. Amanda was a great host, welcoming us with an upgraded room for my partners birthday. She also recommended and booked a wonderful restaurant for us for this occasion!
-Rooms- very spacious with amazing views, large comfortable bed and great bathroom. Very modern and clean.
-Breakfast- very nice selection of hot/cold food
-Good selection of tv channels and free wifi + internet point (very rare in SA)

Overall great value for money, by far the best hotel of many on our week long drive along the coast. My only suggestion is to improve signage leading up to the hotel!

Thank you for a great stay!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Simonstown1, Owner at Simonstown Guest House, responded to this review, 8 December 2010
We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and our dinner recommendation. I agree that signage is very important. We are pleased to let you know that our signs have been ordered and should be in place within 2 weeks. Many thanks for your feedback.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

The guesthouse is gorgeous! The rooms have the most beautiful view of the ocean which is the focal point of the room. Comfotable beds made for a brilliant nights sleep and the African photography on the walls gives the room so much character.
Amanda and Steve are a great couple offering such a friendly atmosphere with excellent food and great local knowledge. Their gorgeous rescue doggies were brilliant company too!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

my wife and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary the 31st October 2010. I wanted to surprise her with something special as that is what she is to me. My sister in law helped me locate a bed and breakfast and i just fell inlove with Simonstown Guest House. the pictures looked great, so i immediately booked. the place was by far the most exquisite place i ever came across. the room was stunning, the view was WOW, the service was exceptional and the food was delicious. we stayed in the honeymoom suite, OMG... the best room! Laying in bed or eventhe bath, we had the view of the ocean, like our own personal lagoon. my wife and i has a fabulous time, all thanks to my sister in law for making it all possible and ofcourse the guest house. The best by Far!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
MINNEAPOL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

Amanda was the perfect hostess, we really didn't know what we wanted to do other than see the penguins which was great by the way, so she gave us a bunch of suggestions and once we picked she made arrangements and helped plan each day for us. Over all our stay there was great!!!
Kim

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

I remember much of my trip to Simo´s Town,South Africa, the truth has been one of the best trips I was maked in my life!!!...

I fall in love with your place!!!... Everything was amazing !!!..., the excellent room, the view, excellent attention makes you feel at home!!!...

I intend to return very soon I see the possibility to be on vacation the end of the year, I would like see when whales are there,and i will like to diving with the white sharks again

I send many greetings from ""Mexico!!!!...""

CARLOS GARDUNO.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gardunosky
Simonstown1, Owner at Simonstown Guest House, responded to this review, 20 October 2010
Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the fabulous review. It was an absolute pleasure having you here and we would warmly welcome you anytime again.

The best time to see the whales will be August - October. We are still watching them from our balcony now in October but only every second day or so now. We were lucky enough to still see a whale in front of our place on the 26th of December, 2009 but that isn't very common.

Send me an email when have plans to return.

All the best,