“Avoid”

Ranked #20 of 31 Simon's Town B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Avoid”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This should be a last ditch effort option. Shower is in the middle of the room and the toilet is in the shower. Staff try but clearly have no idea what they are doing. I would avoid and will not be returning.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank acruz130

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hermanus, South Africa
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We had a function in Noordhoek and decided to book accommodation near Simon's town. When we arrived at the guest house, there was no one to greet us. When they finally did arrive, everything was disorganised. The housekeeper is very friendly, but she did not know where to put us. She then said we can stay in the family room. How nice, would you think, but the room was not near clean. The carpet was very dirty, the cupboards was filled with clutter and personal items and the doors are not very stable. When we wanted to head out for lunch, 4 elder people entered the guest house and the same happened to them, no one greeted them, they did not know where to go. They walked into a room that was clearly not meant for them as they booked the family suite. My fiancé and I decided to swap rooms as we were only 2. In our standard room, the shower is built in the cupboards, not very big at all, the toilet is also in a very cramped space. See the problem is not because it is small, but because the finishing touches are not yet completed. The ceiling in the shower and toilet has large gaps. The next morning we wanted to head out early, explore Simon's town a bit. When we headed up for breakfast, cereal, fruit and yoghurt was available for us to enjoy while we waited for the hot breakfast. They served haddock and 2 poached egg. I do not eat fish in the morning and requested only poached egg and some toast. When they served it, the bottom part of my egg was still raw, the white was still see through, they were kind enough to bring some rolled cold meat, because the bacon was still frozen. I am not a fussy person and I do not like to complain, but feel that maybe the owners should pay more attention to detail. One bonus was, that our car was washed and dried. We think that is a great idea. We hope that by reading this, they will improve their guest house.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jnwsp
Gosport
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Only had the time to spend one night here but wished it had been longer! Arnold, Elizabeth and their family were wonderful hosts and treated me like I was a part of the family. The rooms are comfortable and elegant and the staff are interactive and extremely helpful. I would stay here at the drop of a hat if I ever come back to South Africa with my family. If you are in Simons Town please take the chance to visit as it will make your trip!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
portsmouth
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I spent only one night here and was delighted with the feeling of being at home, Arnold and Elizibeth are lovely kind people that shined through during my stay at the guest house. The rooms are of an excellent standard, and the guest house as a whole has a high level of cleanliness and the staff are just fantastic.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank simon c
Reviewed 9 November 2012

From the time we made the reservation to the time we left everything was excellent, the place was nice and clean, the service was very good and what I liked the most is the people there, they were very friendly which actually made me stay longer than expected. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Lounes12
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I spent a relaxing weekend in this guesthouse. The people are very friendly, and the lady of the house cooked a wonderful dinner. Room and bathroom were clean. There is no through traffic on Penguin Drive, and the neighborhood is very quiet. Driving distance to Simon's Town is 5 minutes.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Christiaan_Leo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Having visited 15 on Penguin Drive for the fourth time, it is my home away from home.
I would highly recommend staying there if the chance arises!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo