“Stop here!”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was part of a group of 16 people returning from a Sea Point tour when we decided to stop for tea. After checking a few places on the street, we hit upon this one. The ambience is just wonderful. Its like a 'tea house' with multiple seating options, including a balcony that looks onto the bay. It was raining that day so we stayed indoors. Although we were a bit noisy and spread out, the staff and the other people did not seem to mind a bit. The service was great. One message stood out " No wifi here - we encourage conversation!" which I thought was apt given how much time human beings spend on emails and messages, even over a meal! Highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for The Meeting Place

Reviewed 29 June 2014

It reminded me of a tea room; very quaint with lots of unique items for sale throughout the place. We sat on the porch for lunch which overlooked the bay. Very pretty. The food was really good with big portions. The service was good as well. Great place.

1  Thank kvboren
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Meeting Place is one of those friendly, quality places that locals like to keep to themselves. Well, I'm telling... This place is great. The prices are good, the selection of dishes is small but all are delicious. The burger with blue cheese and bacon is my favorite and then the calamari. The specials on the board are always good and the staff are friendly. A great view and good coffee.
Breakfasts rock too. And no sweaty cyclists dampening the chairs like in Kalk Bay's coffee shops on a Saturday and Sunday morning.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Location was awesome. On the main road with a view of the harbour / sea. The décor was fabulous and staff was friendly. The breakfast was good. Seem fairly priced. I would definitely recommend this place and I will definitely be back next time I’m in the Cape.

1  Thank Nicholas H
Reviewed 21 April 2014

After staying in Simons Town long enough to have been able to visit all the restaurants for breakfast, The Meeting Place Upstairs is by far the ONLY establishment for it.
Went back later in the day for coffee and by what the lunches looked like, I am sure its on par with the breakfasts!