Simon's Town Backpackers
Colona Castle(Lakeside)
US$197
US$164
Agoda.com
The Last Word Long Beach(Kommetjie)
US$360
US$170
US$798
US$689
Priceline
Nova Constantia Boutique Residence(Constantia)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$160
Agoda.com
Tudor Hotel(Cape Town Central)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Passing by we stopped for a room at this backpacker since it was on the Coast to Coast book. We rang the bell maybe 4 times until somebody opened the door. We walked up to the Information desk. The guy behind the desk didn't look at us and we waited maybe 4 minutes until he finished to scribble something on a paper. After he finally looked up and and we asked for a double room he did not move. After we tried again and asked if we could see the room first he got really pissed and showed us the room. We wanted to make sure that it was a double room and not a dorm (since it had more beds inside) the guy freaked out. He almost yelled at us that this is a double room as we asked. Fortunately we told him thank you and left this place. The guy was for sure on drugs. Unfriendly, aggressive, rude and not at all on a normal behavior. Don't bother to even go inside.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I have been to many hostels during my travel years but this was definetly the worst. Not because of the accomadation or cleanliness but because of the owner:
I had to switch room during my stay because they were overbooked, so Keneth (the owner) told me to put my lugguage out in the lobby. When I came back that night, my suitcase was taken by some travel organisation. No biggy. . . I told him to please take care of it and he promised that it will be back by the next morning. It wasn't!!!! It arrived late at night that night. I asked Keneth for compensation since I couldnt use medicine, hygiene products etc. We agreed over the phone but was notably angry.
When I used the kitchen that night he STORMED in with HEAVY ALCOHOL on his breath and physically attacked me and CUSSED at me. His colleague had to force him out with physical violance.
I was with my girlfriend and she was very scared that night. This is really sad. I wish this hostel would close down and get organized. I dont easily dislike people but this man should be removed. I am angry and sad and all the compensation in the world couldnt make up for this.
DO NOT GO TO THIS HOSTEL!!!!!!

2  Thank Lukas Q
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed here for 1 night. We booked a double room en-suite. As we arrived at about 6 pm the gate was locked, no one answered the bell and no one answered the telephone. After 15 minutes waiting someone finally opened and told us that there went something wrong with the booking and they do not have a double room en-suit so we stayed in double room with a bathroom sharing. No problem. The room was neat and tidy, the sharing bathroom was clean too. Even though the bed was comfortable, we did not sleep very well. This was due to an argument at about 4 am in the morning between another guest and the stuff which was really noisy and not over until 6 am. We felt unsafe and would not stay here again.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

stayed 3 nights in a 4 dorm. my bed and pillow were infected of BED BUGS. woke up with extensive and painful, itchy bites all over my neck, shoulders, hips, and right arm. the manager and staff changed sheets in the room and sprayed the mats following my complain. said they were spraying all the time to get rid of the bugs! so they were aware of the issue.
asked to be switched room/bed, as i had paid my stay already. no, the hostel was full. next morning i had more bites on my neck, and one on my face. these were BED BUGS bites, not mosquitoes or other insects. had to take antihistamin medicines and buy repellent spray. emptied one bottle of repellent on the mat and pillow. so bad was it.
awful stay. stay away from this hostel. no free wi-fi, no breakfast. disgraceful.
simon's town and the cape are nice places to visit, but make sure you avoid this backpackers.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank marco d
Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately I have to say that this is one of the worst places where I've stayed.
It's located in a nice spot, but the room was not cheap for a backpackers place. I spoke with two guys of the staff, one was friendly but the other one not too much.
The room was big but was smelling like cat pee (in fact they have a cat as a pet), in general was not clean at all and in the night was noisy outside; that's not their fault but was difficult to sleep. The bed had cat hair and the towels had human hair so you can choose which you like more.
Personally, I would recommend to stay in another place in this town if you don't really need to save some coins.

• Stayed: December 2012