“Lovely country retreat in magaliesburg .South Africa”

African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Magaliesburg
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is a lovely retreat. Country feel is very nice. We did go a few years back but now it has
Been uplifted to a better standard. Now the Marriott group have taken over Protea and the standards are going up even more. We had a lovely stay. Rooms have improved a lot. Service good and staff very friendly. Very quite and relaxing. Food was also very good. Breakfast waffles
Must be the best I have had since a child. Thick and light but also crunchy. I would go back again.

Room Tip: We had a luxury room. U could also take a villa with a private pool. Otherwise very good. Each roo...
1  Thank 789Bronwyn
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear 789Bronwyn

It is lovely to read about the experience you had with us on your return stay.

We thrive on delivering excellent service to our GUESTS and I am glad to hear that our TEAM were friendly and that service was good.

Indeed the waffles are one of our many favourite offers at our breakfast buffet so do make sure that you return for another lovely retreat and of course one of those thick, light and crunchy waffles!

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at Mount Grace this weekend for our anniversary. We had the most amazing weekend. The staff were all very helpful, the service was great. We ordered room service twice and the food came fast and was very good. The Hotel was peaceful and well managed. Thank you for a lovely weekend.

Dear CarolynP

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a positive review. Your kind words are much appreciated and have been shared with the TEAM.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were at this hotel for a business conference. This hotel does well with conferences. The venue was nice and big with all the mod cons of a good conference facility and the food was good. We were given quite a braai by the hotel on the first night and the food was very very good indeed. However the rooms in my view did not live up to the five star standard, at least not the room I was in. My room was right in front of the restaurant, and from a convenience perspective, this is good, as I learned that other rooms were quite a good walk from the main section of the hotel. Some were so far away in fact that one needed a golf cart to pick you up. So from a convenience point of view I was grateful. However my room was small, and had outdated furniture in it. The bathroom needed upgrading although neat and clean. But if you are not part of a conference group, do not get the room close to the restaurant, as it's noisy from the conference people having their after dinner drinks and socializing. And if the conference organizes entertainment( as ours did the first night), you will get little sleep. So get the rooms far away of you learn that the hotel is don't a large conference. I must add that this hotel does a lot of conferences, so find out if conferences are happening and chose rooms accordingly. On the plus side there us a magnificent spa, do yes it. The staff are very knowledgable and friendly

Room Tip: If you are not part of a conference group, ask the hotel if there are any conferences going on at th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear QuaterShark

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you had a great conference and enjoyed the good food that we serve at our establishment.

We take into consideration the events that are taking place at the hotel and also advise our leisure GUESTS prior to arrival. We also strive to accommodate our leisure GUESTS with rooms allocated furthest from any conference activities.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Mount Grace is a definite contender in the world class category - Hospitality at its best!!

From check-in until departure we experienced unbelievable friendliness and service....nothing was too much effort for the staff. Every staff member we encountered had a beaming smile and a warm greeting.

Our room was beyond expectation and scores 10/10. Thank you to the staff who so graciously arranged a change in accommodation.......it was unexpected and valued.

Twist restaurant is superb - accolades to the chefs. The daily variety of buffet, choice and freshness of food is challenging for those watching their weight.

A special thank-you to Pam.

Mount Grace is the ideal get-away for fine food, beautiful surroundings and renewing the soul.

We will DEFINITELY be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Collette6121

It is truly humbling to read such great feedback and certainly encouraging to know that you have experienced the world class service that we pride ourselves in offering to our GUESTS.

I have shared your wonderful comments with the rest of the TEAM and we all cannot wait to renew your soul once more.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have never been to Mount Grace, so I decided to book myself and my boyfriend in for this weekend. Fri - Sun.

I am at the moment trying to get a spa booking and the lady assisting is not very eager to let customers spend their money.

Over 3 days she tells me that there is only 1h30 available for Spa treatments on Saturday.when I wanted to do a whole bunch of treatments, I am still waiting on Confirmation that this time has been booked for us .

I hope that there is something else to look forward too this weekend......

I will write a review about this on Monday.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meaghan A
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Meaghan A,

Thank you for your comments.

I believe our Spa Manager has been in contact with you and I would like to confirm that your spa reservations have been made.

We look forward to having you stay with us this weekend.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We spent a truly wonderful night at Mount Grace in one of the villas. There was a small glitch with our dinner reservation, but it was sorted out in no time. The staff went out of their way to make our wedding anniversary special. We hope to return soon!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Traveldoves

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that we were able to sort out the glitch with your dinner reservations in no time and that your one night stay was truly wonderful.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I would just like to take this opportunity to commend Nthabiseng for her professionalism and the way she handled our booking at Mount Grace

It was my partner’s birthday and I had quite a list of requirements in order to make the day special for her. The roses in the room were exquisite and our little picnic at the spa gardens were unforgettable.

Nthabiseng delivered on all of my requests and I would like to thank her and everyone at Mount Grace for making the day very special

I also want to thank the restaurant staff and general staff as the service we received was out of this world. The Chef at Rumbling Vine surprised both of us when my partner received an amazing dessert with a birthday message piped all over the plate!

We will definitely be back in the near future. We were just disappointed that we had such a short stay

See you again soon

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amoryn_8
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Amoryn_8

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

We look forward to creating many more special moments for you in future and we hope that your next visit will be longer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Magaliesburg
Magalies Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site
Forum Homini Hotel
Forum Homini Hotel
#1 of 5 in Muldersdrift

Been to African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa? Share your experiences!