“Very unhappy customer”

African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Magaliesburg
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I am deeply disappointed with this establishment. I was staying over this past weekend (11 to 13 April) and I forgot my watch and ring in the room. After following up several times with the hotel staff, I just got a call to tell me that they can't find my items. I guess the 5 star rates don't buy honesty.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kabelom135
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear KabeloM 135

Thank you for your review.

Please can you kindly contact me on the details that I have sent through to discuss this further as I have been unable to reach you.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The service is very good, warm welcome by employees full of smiles. They even remembered to put a birthday card in the bedroom, thank you team you have made my day. We will definitely come back for more

Room Tip: Superior is the best
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Pinkie S

I am so glad that our TEAM made your birthday a special and memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed at Mount Grace from 28/03 to 29/03 .

What a wonderful experience !!!! From the reservation staff, to the drivers, to the staff at the Spa. Not a single frowning face - and the helpful attitudes!!!

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT, THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the Villa's - Brilliant !
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear 649jans

Thank you for your "excellent" review.

I am glad to hear that you felt the warmth of our entire TEAM who pride themselves in providing a wonderful experience to our GUESTS.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Mount Grace WAS one of my favourite getaway destinations from Joburg, until today.

Our booking was made though an agent and I did not have our paperwork when we arrived so I enquired on checking in what our booking included, had a pleasant stay until we went to check-out to find out all that what we had been told was included was not and had a surprise bill. Normally, we would let this go, but my partner specially asked me to check before we arrived as we drove in which I did. The sad reality was that instead of accepting our word, the staff debated issues and made us feel like we took a chance. This is unacceptable!!! Then when I became very angry and we walked out, then the offer came to call management. By then, it was futile, we were livid! The sad reality and a huge disappointment for us, we won't go back and there I was thinking I would book my entire company in for a weekend at the end of the year as a Xmas treat! Amazing what poor service results in. Our advise, ensure you check in writing what you booked for and don't take the word of the people checking you in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LizHart
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Liz Hart

Thank you for taking our Front Office Managers call after your departure.

As discussed with her, we would have been happy to have met with you while still at the property in order for us to rectify the miscommunication that occurred. Please be assured that your feedback was addressed with the TEAM and we sincerely apologise for the manner in which this was handled.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We eloped and were married at Mount Grace...our Marriage Officer met us in our room and did the nuptials with 2 hotel staff as witnesses...it was so clean cut and stress free...after the service we booked ourselves into The Spa for a couples treatment...The Hotel met all ours needs with super friendly efficiency and The Spa was an absolute treat...The restaurant was fine dining at its finest... For us everything was just perfect and want to go back soon for an extended period.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be secluded and private...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear McGuigan61

Awesome to hear that we met all your needs and made your wedding day a memorable one.I have shared your wonderful comments with the TEAM and we certainly cannot wait to have you back on an extended stay.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Lovely place away from the hustle and bustle of JHB city life. Easy drive for a weekend away. Food and service are good. If you go - don't miss out on a treatment at the spa and the heated floating chamber is a must!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra H

Dear Sandra H

Thank you for your review.

We cannot wait to have you back for another chilled stay.

Yours In Hospitality

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We spent a 3 night weekend with our children which I am glad are now accommodated at Mt. Grace. My sole aim was to relax, which I was able to do. My husband had a conference on the Saturday which he said was good. The new rooms are lovely. However, we weren't awaken to birds chirping but rather cleaning staff shouting between units. The older rooms are in need of new windows and doors that allow light in. Protea Hotels just took over in December so there are a few things that need to be addressed such as the seating in the dining room and service. The buffet needs a few extras such as melba toast for the pates, desserts that are not all some form of cake, and healthy plain foods for the children. Exciting to know Steffano, the chef who was at Mt. Grace 20 years ago is back. The spa is in the most beautiful setting and spending time in the flotation pool or by the stream is great to unwind. My pedicure and reflexology were good but the facial was nothing special. My husband had to wait 45 minutes for his massage with no compensation. With strong hands on management & leadership, Mt. Grace could be a place we would return to often. Please also look at more children's entertainment during half term, long weekends and school holidays.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank InspiredParenting
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear InspiredParenting

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to provide us with your detailed feedback.

Having recently joined Protea hotels, we are excited about the new and improved changes, staff development & training as well as the implementation of our entertaining children's programme.

We trust that you will enjoy experiencing these new enhancements upon your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

GUEST Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Magaliesburg
Valley Lodge & Spa
#1 of 1 in Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site
Forum Homini Hotel
Forum Homini Hotel
#1 of 5 in Muldersdrift

Been to African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa? Share your experiences!