“A magical weekend retreat!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Magaliesburg
Victoria Falls
“A magical weekend retreat!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Mount Grace was everything we hoped it would be.........and more!! Being in the Tourism Industry we wanted to get away from it all and have a relaxing weekend where we could just relax, read books, treat ourselves to the spa, eat good food and indulge on fine South African wines. From the moment we arrived we were treated like VIP's - check in was efficient and friendly, we had a luxury room which was tastefully furnished and we felt completely relaxed from the moment we walked through the door. It is apparent that the management are doing a fabulous job as the staff were happy, friendly and efficient at all times - we never wanted for anything and we were super impressed all round. Being Travel Agents we are particularly critical, but in this case we were more than satisfied and will definately recommend this beautiful property to anyone. Well Done Mr Andy Conn (GM) and your dynamic and friendly team at The Mount Grace!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CherylVictoriaFalls
ProteaHotels, General Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear CherylVictoriaFalls

Reading a review like this would put a smile on any general manager’s face. We aim to provide a positive experience for all our GUESTS and its seems as if we exceeded your expectations.

We all look forward to some time away from the office to relax and recharge. I am glad that your trip to our hotel provided you with a sanctuary to enjoy some great food and spa treatments.

I am lucky to work with such a great group of people and the STAFF continues to impress me with their desire to provide the best GUEST service. The TEAM will certainly be happy when I share your comments with them.

Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back.

African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I attended a Management Conference recently. This was my first stay at Mount Grace. I was very impressed with the beauty and tidiness of the venue. Not forgetting the friendly staff and good food that was provided.

The room was very comfortable and spacious. It was well laid out.

The conference room was perfect to accommodate at least 80 people comfortably with 3 screens provided.

I happened to leave some of my clothing items behind and with the help of Pam Govender, the Front Office Manager arrangements were made to collect the items from a more central point. More importantly, all of the items were there. Well done Pam and team.

Overall, a great experience. I will take my family to this place. Well done Mount Grace!

Room Tip: Any room there is a good room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Reg416
Dear Reg416

What a great review and thank you for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

We aim to not only meet, but exceed expectations always. The fact that you had a pleasant surprise certainly means we achieved our aim.

We host conferences regularly and I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and the set up in the room.

It is so easy to forget something when travelling and I am so proud of the way in which the TEAM handled your situation. I will certainly congratulate Pam and the others on their efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family to our hotel soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had an awesome time to relax & unwind, we are happy with the ladies who attended to us, they were friendly & professional, as they shared more info about the establishment & also about the products they use & recommended for personal use.

We'll definitely visit the spa soon...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lebs329
Dear Lebs329

We are glad that you chose our hotel to have a ladies spa day. Thank you for your wonderful review.

Our award-winning spa is the best place to relax, recharge and rejuvenate with a group of friends or a partner. I will commend the Spa TEAM on everything they do and the will be motivated to continue their efforts.

We hope to welcome you and your friends on your next ladies spa day.

Fourways, South Africa
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Hi all,

I wrote a review before staying at mount grace as we were not able to get bookings at the spa extra.
After calling the hotel and speaking to nadia all was sorted out.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone in need of a well deserved break!
Staff are friendly and helpful, food is amazing but the spa is the deal breaker!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meaghan A
Dear Meaghan A

Thank you for your review and for returning to our hotel.

I am thrilled that we have been able to turn things around from your previous experience. We pride ourselves on offering the best GUEST service and your experience is testament to this.

The spa is certainly something every GUEST visiting our hotel should experience. I will share your comments with Nadya and her TEAM.

We appreciate your words of recommendation and look forward to your next stay with us.

Hermanus, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We spent the weekend here after not being there for years, when the hotel was graceful and classy, with a spa to match. It was just as magical. Cosy, comfortable, graceful and the service was so attentive. I am booked to go back in October and cannot wait. Well done to the chefs.

Room Tip: Room with plunge pool
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathryn M
ProteaHotels, General Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Kathryn M

Thank you for your lovely review on TripAdvisor.

Being able to maintain the magic you once experienced is certainly what we strive to achieve. I am so pleased to hear of your experience and I will be sure to compliment the STAFF on the service they provide.

African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa is a great way to enjoy a relaxed and comfortable country getaway.

We look forward to your next visit in October.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Been to stay at Mount Grace many times over the years, and was delighted and amazed to see that it was even better than the last few visits. I really do love this hotel, it is beautifully situated and a real Grand Dame... A nice mix of luxury and elegance..
The room was lovely, recently refurbished
The food was Devine.... And we stayed 3 nights, so sampled a bit of everything.... It was consistent and delicious
The staff were eager to please and very professional,
I will keep going to this African Beauty. Thank you Mount Grace!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Noleen P

Your title certainly put a smile on my face and thank you for your comments.

It is reassuring to know that we have managed to exceed your expectations based on your previous visits. The STAFF continuously search for excellence and I will congratulate them on their efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy many more nights of luxury and elegance.

Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Mount Grace delivered just what we expected & more. After a long week of work in Jo Burg i thought what better than treating ourselves to a weekend away at the Mount Grace & i am so glad that we chose this friendly and full of character Country House.

On arrival we were greeted by a very smiley front office assistance who quickly offered us a very tasty & refreshing welcome juice. The check in was quick, professional & being from the industry myself i was impressed with all the information he explained to us about the Hotel & what we could enjoy while we were there.

We decided to go straight to Lunch on the deck outside the bar where we were looked after by a very helpful and efficient waiter. The Fish n chips & the burger came out in good time and was complimented nicely by the Gin & Tonics and the lovely sounds of the birds playing around in the trees above us.

We made our way to our Suite in a Golf Buggy and i would like to note that it was so refreshing to see any & all the staff on our way up & down to the room each time smiling and greeting us at all times. The suite 193 which had a lovely heated pool outside definitely looked very fresh & obviously recently re decorated/refurnished was just what we had hoped it would be. Spacious and Comfortable with a beautiful bathroom ( especially the big tub ). Nice extras like the N espresso machines were very welcome.

That evening we enjoyed a very relaxed but very well presented and served buffet.The roast beef was particularly enjoyable with one of there many wines available. I would like to add that there was a group in house but this seemed to be managed very well as we hardly ever saw or heard the group even at meal times.

The highlight for us on both mornings during our weekend was definitely the 'Breakfast'. The choice available, the presentation and the friendly service all added to making it a breakfast we looked forward to. Oh don't let me forget to mention the treat of "Complimentary Champagne" available at breakfast.( Nice Touch )

All in all I would say that we were extremely happy with our stay and would with out a doubt return and recommend this beautiful Country House to anyone. If you are looking for Friendly, Tasty, Choice, Character and peaceful then this is a great place. ( We didn't try the Spa unfortunately on this occasion but will def return for this another time.

Many thanks to the GM, Andy & his team keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dustin K

What an incredible review and thank you for sharing it with us.

It seems we delivered on our goal to not only meet, but also exceed GUEST expectations. The TEAM do their very best to ensure that all of our visitors feel welcome right from the start. I am extremely proud of the STAFF and their commitment to providing the best GUEST service, whether it’s a friendly greeting or the service in the restaurant. I will be commending them all on a job well done.

It is important to us that the rooms are kept fresh for every GUEST and I am happy that you managed to enjoy all the amenities in the room.

The breakfast TEAM strives for excellence in all areas and they will be delighted when I share your comments with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magaliesburg
Valley Lodge & Spa
#1 of 1 in Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site
Sparkling Waters Hotel & Spa
Sparkling Waters Hotel & Spa
#7 of 12 in Rustenburg

Been to African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa? Share your experiences!