“An affordable and adequate service just 15mins drive from Sandton”
Review of Sierra on Main

Sierra on Main
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Randburg
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed at the apartments for nearly two months. The flats are spacious and furnished, the kitchen is also OK but does not have dishwasher,which I find inconvenient. Washing machine and tumble dryer you do not need because you can use the hotel service or visit the dry cleaners at the near by shopping center at the next traffic light. The value of the service is perfect especially if you 2+ at the flat.
Avoid flats in A building because the bar is under your window and South Africans are really noisy at night. Another thing about the noise is that the A/Cs are also very loud and sometimes you can't stand it. The location is perfect because you are 15-25 mins to anywhere in the city.(OR Tambo airport 35-45).

The breakfast/dinner is a buffet which is pretty OK / but it is not included in the monthly rent,(I assume it should be optional) as well as the laundry (as I mentioned above). You are entitled of an everyday cleaning of your flat which very comfortable especially if your 2+ people. No safe box in the flats,the TV set is small and old (21'' CRT display,) with limited choice of programs (not more than 10,but there is one HBO like channel included :). There are two swimming pools,one is a bath tub like the other one is bigger but you cant swim nicely in it because it's small. The hotel has a free off street parking and 24 hour security which is important in country like SA. The internet service is Wi-Fi,but it is below average and is traffic billable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kbderror
Randburgtowers, Owner at Sierra on Main, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Hi.
We are in the process of fully servicing the airconditioners in the apartments which should resolve the issue you had. We would also have sorted the air conditioner out if we had know there was an issue with it while you were staying with us, so next time, please let us know so that we can assist you while you are still staying with us.
As for the dishwasher and bigger tv, we provide a good 3 plus star facility with good service and if you are looking for something more luxurious, I am sure you will find that its going to cost much, much more somewhere else.
The tv channels provided are dstv hotel bouquet, the same as most other hotels, the swimming pool at randburg towers is actually quite large for a hotel 7m x 3m, the one at inn is a splash pool which measures 3 x 2m - quite large for a splash pool, and the Wi-Fi provided is the best available to my knowledge and on full uncapped service so I am not sure what the issue is with that.
Safe deposit boxes are available at reception.
I am also not sure how you get to the rating of 3 out of 5 as the ratings you gave us for individual items are 5,4,4,4,4,3 out of 5 - works out to 80% or 4 out of 5.

There are newer reviews for Sierra on Main

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed for over 15 days at this place as part of a business trip. Its near to our place of work and also to Bright water commons Shopping centre. The full english breakfast that's served at the restaurant is satisfying and the hospitality of the staff is commendable. Parrot bar next to restaurant is trendy , if only bartenders were assistive/knowledgable it would be a great place to hang out. Rooms were good , and A/C sometimes used to make noise. Neverthless, My stay was a memorable one , All my colleagues enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a quieter A/c.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Hi.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We have taken your input to heart and have replace over 65 airconditioners thus far and fully serviced the rest. This should solve the AC issue you had.
We are also constantly training our staff to ensure a better client experience.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

I want to express my appreciation for your generous sponsorship in hosting the entire IFBB South Africa management team. We had an incredible time and the way we were treated by Randburg Towers management and staff was phenomenal. I so much appreciate your contribution and assistance, it means a lot to us but even more to the sport of bodybuilding and fitness that we so much love.
Thank you on behalf of IFBBSA, and thank you from bodybuilding and fitness.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Randburgtowers, Owner at Sierra on Main, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

I have stayed at the hotel on several occasions and attended a workshop there in their conference facility. Everytime I have been impressed with the level of service and friendliness. The last visit to this hotel I stayed in the newly upgraded sections, which was a real wow, I travel extensively, and I will not choose any other hotel in the Gauteng area to stay at! Randburg Towers thank you !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

We are pleased to see that all the renovations are finally paying off. Glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Having stayed at the Randburg Towers Hotel as part of the IFBB executive on 2 occasions i can only say its like home away fromm home. the hospitality and staff are of the highest standard and you are made to feel like you have never left home.
ur restaurant is great and so are the chefs . I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to johannesburg. I can only see this hotel going from strength to strength. Eugene Van Schalkwyk.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of the highest standard and are very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

We are glad that you enjoyed it. We are constantly upgrading the quality of our staff as well as the hotel itself and it seems that it is starting to pay off.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

I initially stayed in Randburg Inn, but decided to move across to the adjacent Randburg Towers. I would not recommend staying in Randburg Inn - the rooms were stuffy with old carpets. The service is equally bad. There is a restaurant and small bar downstairs, which serves both Inn and Towers. Both are OK. When I moved over to Towers, I found the rooms much cleaner with better service as well. However, there were no safes in the rooms and I had to pay extra to make use of the safes at reception. Internet service was a rip off at about 5 times normal rates.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank RaceisOn
Randburgtowers, Owner at Sierra on Main, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Thanks for your review, We would like to respond as follows:

Renovations to the Randburg Inn bedrooms started in aug 2010 and ended about a month ago. The bedrooms and bathrooms have been totally renovated - new baths, granite counter tops, bedding, curtains, etc. All bedroom carpets have been removed replaced with beautiful tiles.

You dont mention what service you were unhappy with, but needless to say we are unhappy to hear this as we pride ourselves in the fact that our levels of service are way above average.

There are safes available for use at reception and we have waived our minimal charge of R10 per day from now on.

Internet is provided by and outside service company and is the exact same rate as at any of the other hotels they service. take note that internet charges in south Africa are high.

We invite you to see the pictures of our rooms and the comments in the various guestbooks on our website.

Reviewed 19 August 2010

rooms are clean well maintained,bed covers are regularly changed and clean,i have not used much of the services as i was out all day,but the hotel appeals to everyone

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank drbharathrv

We would like to respond as follows:
Thank you for your review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and encourage you to visit our website to see the many changes and upgrades that have been made to the hotel since you were here.