“One of the best spots, doing business inJ`burg”
Review of Burkleigh House

Burkleigh House
Ranked #4 of 56 Randburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at Burkleigh House for two nights on my last trip and wil stay there next week and for all future trips. The perfect place after a tough day! Beautiful ambiance, nice rooms, a wonderful garden to enjoy after swimming in the pool. The rooms are of a good size nicely furnished. The hosts are most caring and the breakfast is a poem!
I can rteally only recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BurkleighHouse, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review of Burkleigh House. We consider ourselves privileged to meet all you wonderful travelers and to be able to show you a bit of South African hospitality.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

At Burkleigh House, it feels like my home away from home. I absolutely love the personal touch offered by the hosts Patricia and David. Nothing is too much trouble, the food is great and I love the fact that I can also buy the most delicious home made biscuits. Yummy! Looking forward to my next visit to Burkleigh House.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BurkleighHouse, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Many thanks for your kind review of Burkleigh House. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My first visit to South Africa and I can't have been more happy with my choice of accommodation. It started with a friend telling me that if you're going to South Africa don't stay at a hotel, stay at a B&B and thanks to TripAdvisor I found Burkleigh.

Patricia and David have created such a wonderfully tranquil setting. I was so at peace at there. They have done a wonderful job on the landscaping and the decor. The hospitality is second, I enjoyed David's stories and Patricia's breakfasts are the best meal of the day.

Later when I extended my visit to Jo'hannesburg and sadly Burkleigh was not available I had to stay at another B&B in Jo'hannesburg. It is also very highly rated on TripAdvisor and feature for feature it might even look better on paper than Burkleigh but in reality it didn't even come close.

My tip: I found it difficult at first to find good restaurants in the evening but after I told my TripAdvisor app to search outside Randburg I was more fortunate.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
BurkleighHouse, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Burkleigh House. We value all comments and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in the best B&B in South Africa. Patricia and her team were wonderful hosts, and I enjoyed my stay. Patricia was excellent at providing me with information and care. The breakfast and dinner were a feast and are particularly recommendable. The room was quite large and had all amenities.

Thank you to Patricia and her team for a wonderful stay in Jo'burg, I will return.

Room Tip: All roms are very quiet!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
BurkleighHouse, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review.
It is always gratifying to know that all our hard work does not go without someone noticing and that we are achieving what we set out to do.
Our guests comfort and enjoyment is of paramount importance at Burkleigh House.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed in Burkleigh House two years ago. The quality at the time was already very hard to beat.

Now, after having revisiting it again, I have to say well done to Patricia, the owner of the guest house. Efforts were made to improve some areas: Internet speed is now very fast; heating in winter is satisfactory. And... now, there is an amazing breakfast menu and it changes each day of the week. That got me look forward to the night before and then got me out of bed the next morning :-). YumYum ...

I know just how hard it's to get from excellent from even more so when you're at the top end of the league table. But Burkleigh House did not get complacent and improved from 90% to 97% in two years! Salute to them - and it gives me some inspirations too...!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Patricia T, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Mr Li
You are indeed very kind to take the time to write another review for Burkleigh House. Thank you so much for the compliments. We will continue to strive to improve so that we may surprise you again on your next visit to us.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Patricia and her staff and family are the ultimate hosts. We were made to feel right at home in their lovely surroundings. Breakfast was a very thoughtful, elegant and delicious way to start our day. My husband and I enjoy getting to know a little about the culture and people of our destination and Patricia was very helpful in answering our questions and giving us options for our daily outings. Our experience was so positive and relaxing, it will be hard to find another place that will compare with Burkleigh House. If you are visiting from the US, please give Burkleigh House a try, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you both most sincerely for the kind and generous review which you have posted for Burkleigh House. We look forward to your next visit to South Africa in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

This was the first stop in our three week holiday in South Africa and we can safely say it was the best accomodation we stayed in throughout our stay. I had planned the trip as a special holiday for my mum and had been emailing Patricia many months before we arrived asking several questions to ensure I chose suitable accomodation, and what a fantastic choice I made. Patricia and David made us feel at home from the minute we arrived. Patricia has clearly put a lot of time and effort into the guest house, the rooms were immaculate and all the decor had been carefully considered to ensure the rooms were luxurious and comfortable. Breakfast was beautiful, cooked to suit us and as we were all fussy each breakfast was different. When we had a slight hiccup and left some money in our room and we were unable to go back to collect it Patricia went above and beyond to ensure we got it back before the end of our trip. We really can't fault this guest house it is most definately 5 star and we will be recommending it to any friends who venture to South Africa. Thank you for giving us a memorable stay we hope to return some day! The McGlynns, England

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
BurkleighHouse, Owner at Burkleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

My sincere thanks for your kind and heartwarming review of our Guest House. Your feedback means a great deal to us. Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
It was wonderful meeting your lovely family and more than a pleasure to help out in any small way that we could.
Hope to have you all back soon.